StudentsReview ™ :: Texas A & M University College Station - Comments and Student Experiences

Texas A&M International University -- Laredo, TX
Texas A&M University at Corpus Christi -- Corpus Christi, TX
University of Texas -- Austin, TX

Texas A & M University College Station

The administration and other employees here cannot get

Apr 07 2014Computer Science
The administration and other employees here cannot get their act together. They never know what is going on. They are rude. If you ask a question about something like financial aid, you get one answer one day, a different the next, and if you go for 2 out of 3...you will actually get a 3rd answer the next. Same thing with the honors program and so on. I thought the admissions office was harsh enough to deal with. But even after you are beyond that, a lot of impossible people who never know what they are supposed to be doing, but like to act like they are sure. I called housing this past week to ask a question about next years housing and the woman informed me that the housing office was closed. I asked when it would be open. She told me I had to go online and leave my email address and they would inform me when the office re-opens. I just said,. how long can it be? Did everyone go to lunch? Is there a problem with the building? She said no, housing is just full. I came back with "the housing office is so full right now that I need to go on a waiting list to ask a question about my housing I already have?" And then, she was oh...yeah...if you already have housing, you are fine. Umm, ok, but, I still have question, when will the office re-open. She actually says "it is open now." Then I asked her why I would get on a waiting list then. And she said for next year. Seriously, not a bright person at all. And this is common for how everything is with A&M.

I hate this place

Mar 18 2014History/Histories (art history/etc.)
I hate this place. I'm from the New England area. I cannot stand this middle of nowhere town where there is ABSOLUTELY nothing to do. Transferring ASAP.
1st Year Female -- Class 2016
Perceived Campus Safety: A, Education Quality: F

The campus fosters a

Feb 18 2014Nuclear Engineering
The campus fosters a certain kind of person, mainly devout Christians and "Good-ole-boys". The student body is generally warm and friendly but can also come across as provincial.
4th Year Male -- Class 2014