StudentsReview ™ :: Texas A & M University Commerce - Comments and Student Experiences

Texas A&M University at College Station -- College Station, TX
Texas A&M International University -- Laredo, TX

Texas A & M University Commerce

If you're looking for a small-town college with

Jan 12 2014Education
If you're looking for a small-town college with a tight community, then you've found the right place, but I'd keep looking. Despite living in state, I paid a lot to go here and did not receive my money's worth. The dorms were terrifying at best. We had a massive wasp infestation in my dorm - they were coming in through a hole near the window - and being highly allergic I put in work order after work order. After the 7th one the HD told me there was "nothing he could do about it." Glad to know my safety is such a high priority!

As for the teaching staff, I really have to wonder. I understand that you're bound to get a few bad teachers in your college career, but not all at once! I had a math teacher that did not acknowledge he had a class, and refused to speak English at all. My freshman history teacher acknowledged that we were all first semester freshman, and then continuously berated us and threatened to fail us for not being able to meet her outlandish demands. Required us to buy two books, but never actually referred back to them. Her tests were over neither the books or anything covered in class, so a lot of it was guessing games for us all. My psychology teacher failed a handful of students in my class - myself included - over research papers claiming she felt the topic was not worth researching. Too bad she assigned the topics!!

This school is an absolute joke. They sucker you in on orientation. They put you in the nicest dorm, fill your day with activities and good food and the peppiest the school has to offer. Then, once you've paid your tuition, you come to find there are only two livable dorms on campus, both highly expensive and booked out, and most of the novelties you were shown greatly decrease in value. Then, when you try to leave the school you have to jump through the most ridiculous hoops! I went to get my stuff, after spending a week e-mailing RLL staff to let them know I'm withdrawing, and sending in all the forms that the website said I needed, only to find out - after I've packed all my stuff in a car and signed a few release forms - that the RLL staff was supposed to send me some form for me to sign and turn in. Of course, no where on the website does it say this, or even hint at it. They still won't return my calls. Very classy!

Collaboration/Competitive: C, Education Quality: F

This schools nice for your education but hopefully

Jun 06 2013Education
This schools nice for your education but hopefully you are paying out of pocket because their financial aid department sucks. They should all be fired and they should hire people that can actually do their jobs instead of passing you around. They also need to learn how to answer the phone. You try calling all day and leave messages and nothing then there is email but that even takes weeks. Its a joke they need to get it together!
1st Year Female -- Class 2014
Scholastic Success: A+, Individual Value: F

Stay away from the psy graduate program

May 15 2013Psychology
Stay away from the psy graduate program. Dr. Ball is currently trying to keep students from graduating. When you need him you can't find him. You have to hunt him down. No it's not because he's busy he purposely avoids phone calls, emails, ect. He will tell you can do you third semester outside the clinic and then tell you NO he will not accept it. I'm telling you what I know I wish I could put it on the school website. He talks about how people don't like him. Looking back now I know why.
Preparedness: A+ Reputation: D+