StudentsReview :: Texas A & M University - Commerce - Comments and Student Experiences

Texas A&M University at College Station -- College Station, TX
Texas A&M International University -- Laredo, TX

Texas A & M University - Commerce

So I'm only a freshman and have justBrightEducation
So I'm only a freshman and have just completed one year but I've been very disappointed in how some of the policies are set up and play out and also how the customer service is handled in administrative offices on campus. The housing absolutely sucks! Some of those dorms are where dreams go to die. You have to be super lucky to not end up in the dorms that are completely awful. Whitley and Smith will make you want to drop out. The major problem I have with housing is that they trick you into a two year on campus contract if you're not careful. Then they make it practically impossible to get out of. I refuse to live on campus another year! Fire alarms are pulled, people run up and down the hall making the floor shake, and they make the entire dorm smell like weed on a Tuesday night when you're trying to cram for a test. I can't! So we are having to do all these back bends to get me out of the contract. They are only doing it to get money out of us for another year. It's greedy! I'm paying enough for tuition and books. On top of that they don't know how to help me get information. When trying to find out if a credit transfer from community college I called like 10 times with no answer and no call back. That happened for a few days. Messages were left and ignored for days! That's ridiculous. The education department is great and the professors are cool but the way this school is run is terrible. I'm probably going to have to transfer somewhere else all because of their bad policies. It's a shame because the actual education is pretty decent.
1st Year Female -- Class 2019
Education Quality: A+, Surrounding City: D+
This is the worst university that I haveSuper BrilliantPolitical Science
This is the worst university that I have ever attended. The faculty are not friendly, the advisers are downright hostile and unhelpful, the students are all deeply self-absorbed and uncommunicative, and as far as making friends and having new experiences, your chances are next to zero, unless you are a movie star or filthy rich.
1st Year Male -- Class 2017
Campus Maintenance: B, Education Quality: F
If you grew up in a small town,BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
If you grew up in a small town, and like the small town life, this school is for you definitely. I come from a small town and the campus feels like home, the people are nice, exc. If you're looking for a school with an exciting social life, a lot of new people every day you go to class, and/or a surrounding town with a lot to do, then Commerce is not for you.

A great college if you learn best with small class sizes, and like having the same people in all of your classes. Also a good college to commute to/from. I don't recommend staying on campus just because to me, it's not very safe at night and neither are the apartments and houses in Commerce itself.

I have only been here one semester and I am already bored here, and I feel that I'm not thriving to my fullest ability. I am a Business major and a big part of that is enlarging your circle and getting to know everyone, and honestly I feel like I'm already almost there yet I haven't even been here a full year.

There is a handful of fast food restaurants, one country dancing bar, and one hookah lounge. Other than that, Commerce itself is a ghost town. Greek life is a semi-big thing here, because there's not much else to do, but even that can be very boring at times. Don't get me wrong, the staff and professors are great and all really care about whether or not you do well. The people who go to Commerce are, for the most part, friendly and easy to talk to. TAMUC just isn't for me simply because: I'm not satisfied with the social life, my expansion on connecting with others feels limited, the campus does not feel very safe, the school is just too small for my taste, and my major is not the schools best program.

1st Year Female -- Class 2019