StudentsReview :: The University of Houston - Comments and Student Experiences

Southwest Texas State University -- San Marcos, TX
Texas A&M University at College Station -- College Station, TX

Dr. Vida and the

May 08 2014Biology
Dr. Vida and the class he teaches are archaic and not helpful. It breaks students progress. The group grade is unfair and does not reflect the student's knowledge

I have worked really hard to find a

Mar 25 2014Perfomance Arts
I have worked really hard to find a place for myself in this university and now I love it. I had my heart set on a small private liberal arts college but received a full ride to UH so decided to attend, and the first year was rough. But the school is going through obvious facelifts and becoming more selective- there is a noticeable improvement in the freshman class this year and in the campus, including an improved student center and more on campus recreational options. I truly believe in ten years that when I say I graduated from the University of Houston that it will mean something. I don't think I'm missing out in terms of quality of education, but socially the school has a lot of catching up to do. It's hard to make friends.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2016
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Social Life: D+

UH is definitely worth it

Nov 30 2013Unknown
UH is definitely worth it. The Honors College & the C.T. Bauer College of Business offer really competitive packages to incoming freshmen.

Finance: I found the perfect fit. The Professional Program in Global Energy Management allows science/math minded students to complete Calc 1-3, Engineering Physics, etc.. and pursue a degree that's geared towards Energy & Economics. I plan on pursuing a dual degree in Environmental Science as well.

The Honors Business Advisors/Program is OUTSTANDING. They have supported my ambitions and have advised me appropriately from the minute I walked in. They insure that we don't take useless waste-of-time classes and refer us to very well taught classes.

Honors: Classes are small. Students are bright. Professors are well educated and expect high quality performance. Honors Minors & Certificates are one of a kind.

UH: Classes are much bigger. Campus is OK. They're working on it though-many new buildings and dorms have and will continue to be built. An emerging university with high ambitions, can't go wrong choosing UH. Go Coogs!

2nd Year Male -- Class 2016