The University of Houston
| StudentsReview ::
The University of Houston - Comments and Student Experiences |
The University is in a "ghetto" surrounding area, but within itself is not that bad. A few things happen here and there but they are very good about addressing the issue and keeping everybody informed about what is going on.
The price is not bad at all for a tier one University. Though the administration offices do have a bit of a mess going on. Being such large University It is understandable--about 40,000 people!
The business school is GREAT! Both sales and entrepreneurship program are without a doubt TOP NOTCH and almost unbeatable. People are very friendly in general. If you want a big university environment and everybody to leave near campus, this is not quite your place but every other aspect is top notch in my opinion.
1) transfered with a 3.6
2) biology major
3) have attended the university for almoost one semester
4) lived on campus for a bit however changed to offcampus after realizing how much I hated the university
Problems I had at the university
1) Terrible vibe (no social scence)
2) terrible food
3) Professors dont teach and classes are either really easy or extremly hard for no reason
4) students are mannerless
5) poor administration (unhelpful incompetent and rude)
6) campus is EXTREMLEY unsafe after daytime
7) school is money greedy
8) Poor bus transpotation ( U of H cut many bus routes and busses take 20 minutes to come and are super pack)
9) 20 percent of the school is asian (I dont care about the race) but stick to thier own race
10) campus needs huge innovation everything looks old
11) too much construction surrounding the school
12) terrible parking takes me an hour to park anywhere
13) advisers have no ideal what they are doing
14) U of H grades on a wierd grading scale and if you repeat a course it will not replace original grade
Disclaimer: StudentsReview makes no claims, promises, or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the contents of this site, and expressly disclaims liability for errors and omissions in the contents of this site. Furthermore, StudentsReview is not affiliated with any University or Institution.