StudentsReview :: The University of Houston - Comments and Student Experiences

Texas A&M University at College Station -- College Station, TX

The University of Houston

Dr. Vida and the

May 08 2014Biology
Dr. Vida and the class he teaches are archaic and not helpful. It breaks students progress. The group grade is unfair and does not reflect the student's knowledge

I have worked really hard to find a

Mar 25 2014Perfomance Arts
I have worked really hard to find a place for myself in this university and now I love it. I had my heart set on a small private liberal arts college but received a full ride to UH so decided to attend, and the first year was rough. But the school is going through obvious facelifts and becoming more selective- there is a noticeable improvement in the freshman class this year and in the campus, including an improved student center and more on campus recreational options. I truly believe in ten years that when I say I graduated from the University of Houston that it will mean something. I don't think I'm missing out in terms of quality of education, but socially the school has a lot of catching up to do. It's hard to make friends.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2016
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Social Life: D+

This is my third University and I must

Oct 31 2014Finance
This is my third University and I must say I love the school itself and the city of Houston, but the faculty and staff here are EXTREMELY hard to deal with. I have been more stressed out with dealing with my transfer hours and University of Houston not being able to work with me to solve my problems regarding transfer of classes and class advising. I didn't want to believe that this school is just treating me as income, but it is quite clear. I have had something go wrong with everything I have done here and all the staff says is that "something went wrong in the system". DO NOT come to UH and expect to have your hand held through graduation process... they will try to keep you there as long as possible. On a side note.. as a male myself there are not many attractive Caucasian women here as you would find at UT or A&M. I have also been told by a few female students that the attractive male population is scarce. I would love to call this a perfect school because I have enjoyed being in the city of Houston and I embrace the school spirit but it is very hard to appreciate the university when you know in the back of your mind that they are trying to drain you of every last penny.
1st Year Male -- Class 2016