StudentsReview :: The University of Houston - Comments and Student Experiences

Texas A&M University at College Station -- College Station, TX

The University of Houston

Dr. Vida and the

May 08 2014Biology
Dr. Vida and the class he teaches are archaic and not helpful. It breaks students progress. The group grade is unfair and does not reflect the student's knowledge

I have worked really hard to find a

Mar 25 2014Perfomance Arts
I have worked really hard to find a place for myself in this university and now I love it. I had my heart set on a small private liberal arts college but received a full ride to UH so decided to attend, and the first year was rough. But the school is going through obvious facelifts and becoming more selective- there is a noticeable improvement in the freshman class this year and in the campus, including an improved student center and more on campus recreational options. I truly believe in ten years that when I say I graduated from the University of Houston that it will mean something. I don't think I'm missing out in terms of quality of education, but socially the school has a lot of catching up to do. It's hard to make friends.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2016
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Social Life: D+

What I really like about the University of

Nov 23 2013Biology
What I really like about the University of Houston is the people, they're pretty nice, and the school isn't as segregated as I thought it would be. I love living on campus, everything I need is within walking distance, and next semester, my classes will be in the same building as my dorm. Enough about what I like, let's talk about what I really don't like:

I'm an biomedical engineering major, and unfortunately made the mistake of doing honors. Now I'm stuck in a class called Human Situation that I absolutely hate. It will always be among the worst experiences I would have in this university. I don't appreciate how the Honors college forces students to take ten hours of Human Situation, because it's more geared toward liberal arts majors, not science and math majors. My advice is if you're going into the STEM field, think long and hard about doing honors. STEM classes are already hard as it is, please don't add more stress to yourself by taking a class that has zero benefits.

Friendliness: A+, Education Quality: F