StudentsReview ™ :: Wiley College - Comments and Student Experiences

Wiley College

Unfortunately, I feel compelled to add my voice

Jan 06 2014Business - Management and Administration
Unfortunately, I feel compelled to add my voice to the resounding choir of negative reviews. I agree that my experience at Trinity was pretty underwhelming and ultimately not worth the time, effort, and money I poured into my undergraduate years there.

Trinity has always had a very small alumni network with very little clout. Don?t expect the name to carry you far in town, let alone outside of San Antonio. The town is run by St. Mary?s, UTSA, and A&M graduates. Graduates from these schools are more likely to find work than the average Trinity graduate. Most of the people from my graduating class were forced to enroll in graduate school after failing to find work. This is usually one of Trinity?s biggest selling points, yet they consistently fail to mention that this panic-induced grad school application frenzy is not by choice. If you do plan on enrolling in a graduate program, you?ll probably have to look further than Trinity?s limited offerings. Since it?s a liberal arts university, their graduate programs focus primarily on teaching.

The classes were marginally challenging, but my core classes failed to delve deeper than remedial material. It was relatively easy when compared to what my friends from other local universities were doing. I?ve always excelled academically, but Trinity didn?t require me to exude much effort. As long as I read the readings and showed up for class, I did well. I believe that?s the case with any college, though. I was, however, very impressed with the faculty. Most of my professor?s held the highest degree in their fields and were very knowledgeable. Their classrooms simply weren?t very engaging and often stifled creative thinking due to their conservative, restrictive atmospheres.

As far as the social scene goes, the majority of the school is comprised of Greek life drones . It?s a very cliquish, high school-type environment, as other reviewers have mentioned. To me, it was indicative of how blissfully and utterly unprepared my classmates were for the real world. Scholarship wasn?t encouraged as much as drinking or partying was. The student body is predominantly white, heterosexual, and upper middle class. You?ll be hard-pressed to find much diversity here.

And then there?s the price. I can?t emphasize enough how inexplicably high the tuition is. I mentioned earlier that many of my peers encountered issues finding jobs, and the ones who did told me they were offered the same starting salaries as their public school counterparts. I myself have encountered this as well. I didn?t expect to enter the workforce and break the bank right away, but I expected to at least be compensated according to my academic credentials. After all, I?m from Trinity. You?re starting to see how ridiculous and over-hyped this all sounds, right?

I definitely agree with the most recent reviewer. For Trinity?s price, you could easily attend one of Texas?s many prestigious institutions and gain far more out of your college years. I regret not going that route.

4th Year Male -- Class 2013
Surrounding City: B+, Useful Schoolwork: F

Basically the professors are pretty good for the

May 14 2013Unknown
Basically the professors are pretty good for the most part. The big problem with this school for me was the financial aid office. Bunch of total idiots! They are condescending *itches! I have had nothing but trouble since I started there because of them! If somebody would go ,fire that bunch, and start over with different people that knew what they are doing, the school would be great!
3rd Year Female -- Class 2014
Faculty Accessibility: B, Surrounding City: F

Wiley College is a college that anyone can

Feb 02 2013Criminal
Wiley College is a college that anyone can attend, they let anyone attend. Wiley college is not organized and do not answer the phone. Wiley college is full of people that want attention and do so by any means, for example that made a smash page that listed people pic, name and what they done at wiley. Wiley will help you pay for college but they also steal it also. I would not recommend wiley college unless you have no other option. Also wiley is a place to go when everyone else has turned their back on you. Also everyone is messy including the professors. Wiley college also call themselves trying to upgrade so maybe next year, some changes might be made. The food is horrible. Housing is fair, and social networking is a D +. I am speaking the truth also this is my first time doing any review. I just dont want anyone to go through what i went through. I also was attacked by a female, also anyone can walk on campus. Just be prepared to go through cramp. Good Luck!!!!!! Also wiley is not a big campus they have 3 buildings for class room, library, and dining hall with a den and chapel and gym and dorms and a music place with admissions, so yea that last review was a lie
2nd Year Male -- Class 2012