StudentsReview :: Wiley College - Comments and Student Experiences

Wiley College

May 09 2014Math
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I was on the Presidents list taking math and computer science before I ran screaming, so this is just an honest assessment.

The quality of education was horrible and they got grad students to teach most of the classes.
The academic/ athletic part of the campus ie not fields, parking, and dorms is small. It's really spread out for some inexplicable reason though. You have to bus everywhere using the campus bus.

The people that I had experienced from the administrators to a few of the towns people were rude and quick to lie. Probably a result of not having much in life.

Most of the people that I met had never been outside of their home turf.
Trust me when I say that if you can afford a plane ticket from where ever you came from that you have WAY more options than you think. There is practically no employment in the town and the people are almost cult like. At times it honestly scared me a bit. There is literally nothing for miles.

If you want to stay in the middle of nowhere, where nobody wants anything and wait for the grade curb to pass with a C then this might be a good place to let your ambitions in life die a slow agonizing death until your financial aid runs out.

Or you could move to any place else and maybe succeed.
Not only do I "not" recommend this place but I recommend that it be torn down and a very large parking lot for tractor trailers that have been decommisioned be put in its place as that would be of greater benefit to the future of society.

Jan 06 2014Business - Management and Administration
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Unfortunately, I feel compelled to add my voice to the resounding choir of negative reviews. I agree that my experience at Trinity was pretty underwhelming and ultimately not worth the time, effort, and money I poured into my undergraduate years there.

Trinity has always had a very small alumni network with very little clout. Don?t expect the name to carry you far in town, let alone outside of San Antonio. The town is run by St. Mary?s, UTSA, and A&M graduates. Graduates from these schools are more likely to find work than the average Trinity graduate. Most of the people from my graduating class were forced to enroll in graduate school after failing to find work. This is usually one of Trinity?s biggest selling points, yet they consistently fail to mention that this panic-induced grad school application frenzy is not by choice. If you do plan on enrolling in a graduate program, you?ll probably have to look further than Trinity?s limited offerings. Since it?s a liberal arts university, their graduate programs focus primarily on teaching.

The classes were marginally challenging, but my core classes failed to delve deeper than remedial material. It was relatively easy when compared to what my friends from other local universities were doing. I?ve always excelled academically, but Trinity didn?t require me to exude much effort. As long as I read the readings and showed up for class, I did well. I believe that?s the case with any college, though. I was, however, very impressed with the faculty. Most of my professor?s held the highest degree in their fields and were very knowledgeable. Their classrooms simply weren?t very engaging and often stifled creative thinking due to their conservative, restrictive atmospheres.

As far as the social scene goes, the majority of the school is comprised of Greek life drones . It?s a very cliquish, high school-type environment, as other reviewers have mentioned. To me, it was indicative of how blissfully and utterly unprepared my classmates were for the real world. Scholarship wasn?t encouraged as much as drinking or partying was. The student body is predominantly white, heterosexual, and upper middle class. You?ll be hard-pressed to find much diversity here.

And then there?s the price. I can?t emphasize enough how inexplicably high the tuition is. I mentioned earlier that many of my peers encountered issues finding jobs, and the ones who did told me they were offered the same starting salaries as their public school counterparts. I myself have encountered this as well. I didn?t expect to enter the workforce and break the bank right away, but I expected to at least be compensated according to my academic credentials. After all, I?m from Trinity. You?re starting to see how ridiculous and over-hyped this all sounds, right?

I definitely agree with the most recent reviewer. For Trinity?s price, you could easily attend one of Texas?s many prestigious institutions and gain far more out of your college years. I regret not going that route.

4th Year Male -- Class 2013
Surrounding City: B+, Useful Schoolwork: F
May 14 2013Unknown
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Basically the professors are pretty good for the most part. The big problem with this school for me was the financial aid office. Bunch of total idiots! They are condescending *itches! I have had nothing but trouble since I started there because of them! If somebody would go ,fire that bunch, and start over with different people that knew what they are doing, the school would be great!
3rd Year Female -- Class 2014