StudentsReview :: Stevens Henager College Ogden - Comments and Student Experiences

Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology -- Terre Haute, IN
Rose State College -- Midwest City, OK
Dickinson School of Law of Penn State -- Carlisle, PA

Stevens Henager College Ogden

I attended Stevens Henager Murray campus as anArt & Design Department
I attended Stevens Henager Murray campus as an online student. Shortly after starting classes that were taught by the dean of the department I was shocked to find out she didn't know anything about the subjects that she was teaching.

I had to tell her why her demonstrations didn't work for her HTML class. She gave us online tutorials to learn HTML. Then I had her for photography again she didn't even know what "Depth of Field" was she kept saying "Field of Depth". She also didn't know how to use Dreamweaver.

I complained about her not knowing the subjects she was teaching. After all if you are paying almost 40K for the education you expect some quality to it. Three years later the dean is still in her position and hiring people to teach subjects that she knows nothing about.

I got a threatening email from the dean of education because of my complaints and the fact that I came to the school to talk to him without an appointment. I dropped out after the first so called semester, thinking that it was like other colleges and financial aid was paid per semester, nope.

Six months after I dropped I received a letter for $4000.00. I went in to talk to the financial person and was informed that they draw financial aid on a per year basis. She informed me that if I reapplied and finished the program the $4000.00 would be forgiven. Not so after I finished the program I got a bill for $4385.00, yep they added interest while I finished the program!

They also email you through your public email system which I understand is illegal. This is because their Angel system is always crashing. While I attended it was down for a whole week and classes only last 4 wks.

Because of my complaints I wasn't informed about graduation and when I became upset about that (I am charged in my tuition for this) I was called an idiot and told that it was posted all over the school, keep in mind that I was an online student and didn't go to the school.

My daughter is also in the Graphic Art program and has had to have the dean of the department for her classes and the dean has treated her unrespectful in front of her classmates.

I know that an instructor at the school is now a business partner with a student and that student is a self admitted gang member. It should be against policy to be in business of any kind with a student!My daughter has had to listen to all the little gang members that attend this campus talk about sex, gang affiliation etc. These students should be kicked out.

I did my graduate degree in Business Administation,Quite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
I did my graduate degree in Business Administation, health care management all online. I already had a job in the field, and for what it is worth, I just was accepted into college for my Doctorate Degree and will starting that in a few weeks.

The School I will be attending for my doctorate excepted all my courses and credits from Stevens-Henager. I found the Masters Thesis the most challenging aspect of the degree, the classes were not that hard. For those that complained about cost, they should have done there research, stevens-henager never hid what it charged per course hour or class. It is not secret, when you could have found it out before attending.

This school was the worst thing that everAverageOther
This school was the worst thing that ever happened to me. I would not recommend this school to anyone. They claim that you will save money by not charging you for books, but they want at least $36,000, for a two year associates degree. It took me years to get out of debt with this school. They are terrible. I had the worst time getting the dean to turn in the necessary paper work so I can get my licenses. (its been 9 months and the papers are still not turned in I have graduated and paid all debts) The credits DO NOT transfer, of course they will not deny that one. Do not go to this school if you ever plan on furthering your education elsewhere, without having to start over. This school does not care about its students at all, my advice to anyone reading this, go to an accredited school with decent tuition prices, and a good reputation.
Starting Job: Student; Preparedness: F Reputation: D