StudentsReview :: Stevens Henager College Ogden - Comments and Student Experiences

Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology -- Terre Haute, IN
Rose State College -- Midwest City, OK
Dickinson School of Law of Penn State -- Carlisle, PA

Stevens Henager College Ogden

Nov 30 2009Business - Management and Administration
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Although I am not an international student, I am a local Stevens-Henager student. The classes are too easy(so that they make sure they keep getting your financial aid money). Every test I have had so far has been open book. I haven't learned anything that I didn't already know or is common sense. When you go in for information about the school they guarantee to find you a job when you get your degree, but after you are in they tell you "let's be realistic there is no guarantee". They also tell you "We want to make sure that you graduate, so you also get free tutoring" That's a joke! The so called math tutor expert couldn't help me with fractions. She referred me back to my teacher, who had referred me to her. I also overheard her trying to help another student in another subject, the tutor had no idea what she was doing. The girl that she was helping was getting increasingly frustrated and the tutor told her maybe she should go ask her teacher(hmmm, the same answer she gave me) the student got up and left and said "forget this! She referred me to you!"

Every school I have called to see if I can transfer my credits laughs when I ask. A woman on the other end of the line at a community college, tried to be very nice about why they will not transfer credits from Stevens-Henager, after some beating around the bush about why, I said"It's OK you can just say it", She said "well, I am just trying to find the right way to put it." She told me, they(Stevens-Henager), are not at the same accreditation level as we are. They(students) are not getting the required teachings and class time. Here are some of the other red flags. When I first signed up I asked them why they were so expensive, she told me it was because they included our books in that price. Ummm, we only get to borrow the books from the library, we have to give them back at the end of each course. So they aren't actually giving us our books. Next she said that we also give you a laptop. HA HA HA, that's a joke, it is a refurbished computer that they have total access to once you enter the college campus. They read your instant messages and lower your firewalls so they can get in there and do what they want. If you block them out with your own firewall and security system, you can not access the Internet from the school. Hmmm I don't think I want someone I don't know having total access to my computer. Then they let you know that if your laptop is stolen or destroyed they will charge you $2000.00 even with a police report, and they will not give you another one. I don't know about you but I am not paying $2000 for a $400 refurbished laptop. Then she told me that the expense is also for the privilege of using the Stevens-Henager name. What a joke! I was recently at an ICU unit at the hospital about 4 blocks from Stevens Henager and I asked the nurse if they ever hire anyone that has graduated from Stevens-henager, she rolled her eyes and laughed noooooooooo, "This is a hospital that needs people who know what they are doing." Great, so after all this money and time, I am going to have a worthless $40, 000.00 (That's right, that's how much I'm paying.)piece of paper that says I graduated from a scamming college with a worthless(not to mention laughable) degree. If you aren't convinced yet that they are a scam here is another thing that happened. In my 'Into to computers' mod(course), the teacher was awful, when I asked him questions about something in Excel, he said he didn't know, and walked away. Hello!! You are the teacher! I got so frustrated that I had everything wrong and I gave up and sent it in not even halfway done! Guess what grade I got. No come on just guess! I got an A, What the? How is that possible, at that moment is when I knew, this is a scam! They claim to have been in business for over 100 years. They are so disorganized, I find that hard to believe.I am expecting to come to school one day and find the place locked up tight with nothing but papers flying in the wind, and a big note on the door saying, "SEE YA SUCKERS"

1st Year Female -- Class 2011
Campus Maintenance: A, Education Quality: F
Nov 19 2009Design Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I was one of their first graphic design students at their Boise, ID location. Back then, they didn't have their new shiny building. Back then, we had class in an Albertsons store converted into office space. Some of the courses were not a very positive experience; some of them taught by bipolar control freaks who caused students to leave crying and publicly degrade students in front of their peers. This particular one was finally escorted off the campus by college officials, months after she was hired. At first, all design courses were taught online by a seperate college who had no idea and no regard for the schedules placed by Stevens Henager. After many complaints, they finally made them on campus.I had a graphic design related job for a short time that I had to get myself. So did another graduate. Now we're both unemployed. Another couldn't even find/get a job after graduating and I have no idea what happened to him. This college teaches you basic crap you can teach yourself playing with the programs at home. Anybody that's gotten a basic bachelor's degree at a normal university is gonna faceroll your chances at competeing for the same job if you go to this college.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2006
Perceived Campus Safety: A+, Education Quality: F
Nov 02 2009Computer Science
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
The emphasis on writing APA papers is nonsense. The majority of homework consists of writing paper after paper. As goes the programming major, there is little to do with programming so much as being force-fed infos and then being able to regurgitate this information solely to pass a sub-par test. No transferability of ANY credits is a big downer. I am now stuvk in idaho until completion of my degree. Tuition costs are absurd. I am spending 56K on a bachelors degree. sigh
1st Year Female -- Class 2012