StudentsReview :: Stevens Henager College Ogden - Comments and Student Experiences

Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology -- Terre Haute, IN
Rose State College -- Midwest City, OK
Dickinson School of Law of Penn State -- Carlisle, PA

Stevens Henager College Ogden

My experience at Stevens Henager was a good

Nov 12 2010Radiological Sciences
My experience at Stevens Henager was a good one. I studied Medical Specialties with my goal in mind to become a radiology technician. I learned new things at a rapid pace. Books were provided at the library for each course I took. Then when I was done, I checked the book back in, without any extra charge. Lucky for me, I applied for and received a grant that paid for half of the cost of my Stevens Henager education. In 17 months I completed the coursework. I then went to do an internship as a medical assistant at my doctors office. I was fully equipped with all the knowledge necessary to serve ill patients, give shots, and type up patient observations into the computer. I even got to do an x-ray for a patient with pneumonia. I also have invested in a Kaplan book recommended by the assistant Dean at Stevens Henager. It is a helpful aid that guarantees I will pass the Rad Tech examination. I plan to pass this test soon and become certified. I will write another review once I have this certification. One last thing that I appreciate about Stevens Henager is the woman that works for student services. Since I completed my exit interview from the school, she calls me often with job leads, so that soon I will achieve my career goal working as an x-ray technician instead of being a snowboarding bum. Peace Out!
2nd Year Female -- Class 2010
Education Quality: A, Collaboration/Competitive: B+

Overall the school is good

Nov 10 2010Business - Management and Administration
Overall the school is good. A bit pricey. They were very flexible with my changing schedule and I was able to graduate because of it. I was somewhat challenged with the coursework but that is because I did most of it online. If you come to classes you will be more challenged with the face to face interaction.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2010
Individual Value: A+, Education Quality: C

I am almost 40 yrs

Feb 23 2011Other
I am almost 40 yrs. old and found myself, like alot of people right now out of a job. I qualified for TAA training and felt I had to take advantage of it. (2yrs. free education) I decided to get my assoc. degree in Graphic Design at the Boise Campus. I can not stress enough what a mistake this has been! The dean of this dept. was a complete nut case that would not show up to class and if she did she was always late, disorganized and very wishy washy about assignments...a complete idiot! Many rumors surfaced about her being addicted to and exchanging prescription drugs with other students. The dean of education, Helena is almost as big of an idiot as her who can't speak english very well and can't seem to figure out even how to use spell check! The lady in the registars office, Cassie is a complete bitch. Any time you need anything from her or have a question she has an attitude with you and goes out of her way to NOT be helpful! I guess that's what $38,000 gets you! The biggest problem I have with the school is how low the bar is. If you show up for class and give 10% to all your assignments you will easily pass with a C. I have a 4.0 and I'm certain I have not learned the skills I will need to get a job in this field. When you are getting your schooling paid for AND getting extended unemployment to do so and your constantly feeling like quitting that is saying something! I realize there are some people that like this school, but trust me, these people have pretty low expectations. This is not to be mean, but most of these people come from pretty dis-functional families. I can't count the # of times I would go into class and hear someone talking about their parole officers or people would disappear for a while to say they were in jail. Or the single moms with 4 kids with 4 diff. daddy's! I'm sure they feel so proud of themselves that they can call themselves a college graduate, but the reality of it is, alot of them are idiots and don't realize they aren't getting a very good education and probably will find themselves jobless with a very large bill to repay when done! Steven's Henager preys on these types of people and they should be ashamed of themselves! It's not helping them at all! No real college will accept any of their credits and whole school is a complete joke...I feel so bad for those that actually have to repay a loan after going to this school! I have not only wasted my TAA money on this piece of crap school, but I can honestly say this has been the worst 1 1/2 of yrs. my life! I will graduate next month, which can't come fast enough! My unemployment will run out, my TAA education wasted, and I'm back to square 1! If you are reading this and thinking about going to a school like this...take it from me...you'll be sorry you did! Bite the bullet and go to a REAL accredited college. Not one that works off this sudo-accredidation that doesn't really give a crap about whether or not they are actually educating people. Because they are not!