StudentsReview :: Stevens Henager College Ogden - Comments and Student Experiences

Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology -- Terre Haute, IN
Rose State College -- Midwest City, OK
Dickinson School of Law of Penn State -- Carlisle, PA

Stevens Henager College Ogden

My experience at Stevens Henager was a goodSuper BrilliantRadiological Sciences
My experience at Stevens Henager was a good one. I studied Medical Specialties with my goal in mind to become a radiology technician. I learned new things at a rapid pace. Books were provided at the library for each course I took. Then when I was done, I checked the book back in, without any extra charge. Lucky for me, I applied for and received a grant that paid for half of the cost of my Stevens Henager education. In 17 months I completed the coursework. I then went to do an internship as a medical assistant at my doctors office. I was fully equipped with all the knowledge necessary to serve ill patients, give shots, and type up patient observations into the computer. I even got to do an x-ray for a patient with pneumonia. I also have invested in a Kaplan book recommended by the assistant Dean at Stevens Henager. It is a helpful aid that guarantees I will pass the Rad Tech examination. I plan to pass this test soon and become certified. I will write another review once I have this certification. One last thing that I appreciate about Stevens Henager is the woman that works for student services. Since I completed my exit interview from the school, she calls me often with job leads, so that soon I will achieve my career goal working as an x-ray technician instead of being a snowboarding bum. Peace Out!
2nd Year Female -- Class 2010
Education Quality: A, Collaboration/Competitive: B+
Overall the school is good.Super BrilliantBusiness - Management and Administration
Overall the school is good. A bit pricey. They were very flexible with my changing schedule and I was able to graduate because of it. I was somewhat challenged with the coursework but that is because I did most of it online. If you come to classes you will be more challenged with the face to face interaction.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2010
Individual Value: A+, Education Quality: C
I went to this joke of an institutionNursing
I went to this joke of an institution because I wanted to "Get in, Get out and Get on with life" as they advertise...What a lie! You get sucked in, ripped off and treated worse than a herd of cattle getting prodded by an angry cowboy. This school is unorganized, the "course work" is comparable to that of a 4th grade student! I got no lower than 95% in all of my classes with minimal effort. You'd actually have to TRY to get worse grades than that. I got 10 months into this program and decided to quit to go back to CA and take care of my dad who was diagnosed with liver cancer. When I went to the dean of the medical specialties program to explain the situation (at that time intending to stick with the school and try to manage taking care of my kids and my sick father) told me "I can give you a day off for a funeral." The Finance department took 2 weeks to get me information that should have taken 2 hours tops to get. When I went to explain my situation to the main finance guy his response was "You need to plan more strategically because your life will have to go on when your dad is gone." What a nice thing to say to someone who just recently found out her father probably wouldn't be alive 3 months from then. I went 10 months out of 20 and they managed to sucker me out of close to $30,000 for a $38,000 program. Half of the time they didn't have enough books, supplies or room for the students who paid WAY too much to go there...they lie to you about "small class sizes, not to exceed maybe 20 students" there were SEVERAL times I was in a class of 45 or more students. So, long story short, if you want to be treated as less than a person, pay $38,000 to have to teach your instructors and fellow students the material, and waste your time and hard earned money, this is the school for you!!! DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME, PLEASE!!!