StudentsReview :: Stevens Henager College Ogden - Comments and Student Experiences

> Search for University

Casual Comment

Summer
HS Summer Programs
Internship Post

Summary
 Information
 Sports

Forward me!

Snapshot - Student Ratings
Useful Schoolwork   C+
Faculty Accessibility   C+

I went to this joke of an institution because I wanted to "Get in, Get out and Get on with life" as they advertise...What a lie! You get sucked in, ripped off and treated worse than a herd of cattle getting prodded by an angry cowboy. This school is unorganized, the "course work" is comparable to that of a 4th grade student! I got no lower than 95% in all of my classes with minimal effort. You'd actually have to TRY to get worse grades than that. I got 10 months into this program and decided to quit to go back to CA and take care of my dad who was diagnosed with liver cancer. When I went to the dean of the medical specialties program to explain the situation (at that time intending to stick with the school and try to manage taking care of my kids and my sick father) told me "I can give you a day off for a funeral." The Finance department took 2 weeks to get me information that should have taken 2 hours tops to get. When I went to explain my situation to the main finance guy his response was "You need to plan more strategically because your life will have to go on when your dad is gone." What a nice thing to say to someone who just recently found out her father probably wouldn't be alive 3 months from then. I went 10 months out of 20 and they managed to sucker me out of close to $30,000 for a $38,000 program. Half of the time they didn't have enough books, supplies or room for the students who paid WAY too much to go there...they lie to you about "small class sizes, not to exceed maybe 20 students" there were SEVERAL times I was in a class of 45 or more students. So, long story short, if you want to be treated as less than a person, pay $38,000 to have to teach your instructors and fellow students the material, and waste your time and hard earned money, this is the school for you!!! DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME, PLEASE!!!
Preparedness: -, Reputation: -
 More →
Oct 12 2010 Male -- Class 2000
  Mark Invalid   Discuss Comment
I found the curriculum at Stevens Henager College interesting and challenging. Throughout the many courses I took I found that I was always able to take what I learned and apply it in my career. When I started the program my employer found I was adding more value to the company and immediately made a deal with me to promote me when I graduated. I was promoted upon graduation and given a sizable increase in my salary. Thanks Stevens Henager.
Starting Job: Vp of Advertising, Preparedness: B+, Reputation: B+
Aug 26 2010 Alumnus Male -- Class 2000
Average
I was told I would get a better job and a higer salary. I've been graduated for 2 yrs now, and is no better position in pay than when I had started S.H. Most potential employer still see S.H. as a vocational school and would rather employ grads from a University. I was told they would help me find a job. I did not expect to have them pull a career for me out of a hat, but their career services do the exact same thing I do to search for employment. All the do is search workforce services website. Now I paid quite a bit more in tuition to go to S.H. One of the perks that influenced my decision to study there, is that they woul assist in finding a job. I'm very disapointed that one of the services I paid for is not of any value to me in any way shape or form. Currently the job I have is no where near the position or salary I was told I could acheive. Everytime I hear a S.H. commercial, I get sick to my stomach knowing I could have gone further at a University.
Starting Job: (AKA Buisness Development) Telemarketing, Preparedness: C-, Reputation: F
Aug 09 2010 Alumnus Male -- Class 2000