StudentsReview :: Stevens Henager College Ogden - Comments and Student Experiences

Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology -- Terre Haute, IN
Rose State College -- Midwest City, OK
Dickinson School of Law of Penn State -- Carlisle, PA

Stevens Henager College Ogden

Stevens Henager College has terrible customer service.Design Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc
Stevens Henager College has terrible customer service. I was called into the student services and informed that the Dean felt that I would not be able to finish the program because I never finished any thing I started. I have had my job for 22 years, I have been married for 23 years, and I have 2 college certificates. I finish every thing I start. Next the Student services director asked me about court dates and if they would interfere with my classes. I do not know what he was talking about. I have never had any trouble with the law. I have not missed any school my entire time here.
Wow. I'm taking my courses online.BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
Wow. I'm taking my courses online. I was surprised how the student services people are in regular contact with me. They check in with me nearly every month. I was having some trouble with math, and they arranged a mentor to help me. We met every week. The teachers have been good and bad, but by far good... usually friendly and helpful.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2011
Individual Value: A+, Social Life: C
I attended Stevens Henager Murray campus as anArt & Design Department
I attended Stevens Henager Murray campus as an online student. Shortly after starting classes that were taught by the dean of the department I was shocked to find out she didn't know anything about the subjects that she was teaching.

I had to tell her why her demonstrations didn't work for her HTML class. She gave us online tutorials to learn HTML. Then I had her for photography again she didn't even know what "Depth of Field" was she kept saying "Field of Depth". She also didn't know how to use Dreamweaver.

I complained about her not knowing the subjects she was teaching. After all if you are paying almost 40K for the education you expect some quality to it. Three years later the dean is still in her position and hiring people to teach subjects that she knows nothing about.

I got a threatening email from the dean of education because of my complaints and the fact that I came to the school to talk to him without an appointment. I dropped out after the first so called semester, thinking that it was like other colleges and financial aid was paid per semester, nope.

Six months after I dropped I received a letter for $4000.00. I went in to talk to the financial person and was informed that they draw financial aid on a per year basis. She informed me that if I reapplied and finished the program the $4000.00 would be forgiven. Not so after I finished the program I got a bill for $4385.00, yep they added interest while I finished the program!

They also email you through your public email system which I understand is illegal. This is because their Angel system is always crashing. While I attended it was down for a whole week and classes only last 4 wks.

Because of my complaints I wasn't informed about graduation and when I became upset about that (I am charged in my tuition for this) I was called an idiot and told that it was posted all over the school, keep in mind that I was an online student and didn't go to the school.

My daughter is also in the Graphic Art program and has had to have the dean of the department for her classes and the dean has treated her unrespectful in front of her classmates.

I know that an instructor at the school is now a business partner with a student and that student is a self admitted gang member. It should be against policy to be in business of any kind with a student!My daughter has had to listen to all the little gang members that attend this campus talk about sex, gang affiliation etc. These students should be kicked out.

According to NPR, the cost of college tuition an... more→