StudentsReview :: Stevens Henager College Ogden - Comments and Student Experiences

Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology -- Terre Haute, IN
Rose State College -- Midwest City, OK
Dickinson School of Law of Penn State -- Carlisle, PA

Stevens Henager College Ogden

I went to this joke of an institution

Oct 12 2010Nursing
I went to this joke of an institution because I wanted to "Get in, Get out and Get on with life" as they advertise...What a lie! You get sucked in, ripped off and treated worse than a herd of cattle getting prodded by an angry cowboy. This school is unorganized, the "course work" is comparable to that of a 4th grade student! I got no lower than 95% in all of my classes with minimal effort. You'd actually have to TRY to get worse grades than that. I got 10 months into this program and decided to quit to go back to CA and take care of my dad who was diagnosed with liver cancer. When I went to the dean of the medical specialties program to explain the situation (at that time intending to stick with the school and try to manage taking care of my kids and my sick father) told me "I can give you a day off for a funeral." The Finance department took 2 weeks to get me information that should have taken 2 hours tops to get. When I went to explain my situation to the main finance guy his response was "You need to plan more strategically because your life will have to go on when your dad is gone." What a nice thing to say to someone who just recently found out her father probably wouldn't be alive 3 months from then. I went 10 months out of 20 and they managed to sucker me out of close to $30,000 for a $38,000 program. Half of the time they didn't have enough books, supplies or room for the students who paid WAY too much to go there...they lie to you about "small class sizes, not to exceed maybe 20 students" there were SEVERAL times I was in a class of 45 or more students. So, long story short, if you want to be treated as less than a person, pay $38,000 to have to teach your instructors and fellow students the material, and waste your time and hard earned money, this is the school for you!!! DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME, PLEASE!!!

The administration at Stephens Henager in Ogden, Utah

Mar 25 2010Nursing
The administration at Stephens Henager in Ogden, Utah are deplorable. Three times I asked the Dean of Students if he would print me a student ID (his responsibity)so that I could attend local student activities at a student discount rate. Each time I asked him, I was told "I am too busy, come back later". The third time I asked for the ID, he told me to come back again and to leave his office. I gave up and started leaving his office. As I was half way through his office doorway, he tried to slammed his office door closed, but it ended up hitting me on my backside. Since when do dean of students at any school have the right to slam office doors and hit students with them? After being hit by the door, I kept on walking right out the school doors. I have never returned. I am now being harrassed by the school. They are calling me on a daily basis telling me that I need to return to school and if I don't, I will be stuck with the tuition and nothing to show for it. Nice customer service... threats, threats, threats. I absolutely do not recommend this school.

I was an international student,one among the very

Jun 02 2010Nursing
I was an international student,one among the very few who stayed in the school and graduated. The rest dropped out(very good for them, wish I had done the same).I was in the nursing administration class ,one of the substandard classes offered by the school. The school has agents in foreign countries who lie to recruit students.They work with the school to lie to the potential students about finding them jobs once they get here to help pay the fees. For that you pay a whooping $4000 and an additional a$4000 for the useless three months course to introduce you to america and teach you how to write resumes....seriously....for $4000!!!!.

They have this loser of a rep put there to search for jobs ...good luck if you love convergys or acs or some low paying job for high school graduates!!!

No sooner than the three months of wasting your time is over than they start harrasing you for the monthly fees of $1600...seriously.....!!! It even gets more annoying when you realize the teachers.....are a bunch of incompetent fools who think international students have nothing better to do than listen to mediocare lectures and stupid stories about their cats and dogs!!!!!(no offence to animal lovers).Any complaints are met with threats of deportation and dropping you out of status. Those who drop out are taken to collections and stuck with the whole course fees ....$250000 plus....seriously....they lie to get you here....offer substandard education, spoil your credit and worse no one in this region thinks highly about the school. The nursing class has the highest rate of failings in the NCLEX exam!!!!!For those with praises for the school,I guess free laptops and lectures around your schedules constitute a good education. Even I from a third word country knows that the level education offered by sh is substandard and i deserve better...you disgust me.........!!!!