StudentsReview :: Stevens Henager College Ogden - Comments and Student Experiences

Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology -- Terre Haute, IN
Rose State College -- Midwest City, OK
Dickinson School of Law of Penn State -- Carlisle, PA

Stevens Henager College Ogden

I was 28 when I enrolled in the

Aug 04 2010Business - Management and Administration
I was 28 when I enrolled in the college and have always had a hard time following through with anything unless it directly involved my family. The people at Stevens Henegar have made it so easy to continue to strive by working with my schedule as well as offering support during any hardships myself or my family may be going through. I would definitely recommend this college to others.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2011
University Resource Use: A+, Extracurricular Activities: D

I was told I would get a better

Aug 09 2010Business - Management and Administration
I was told I would get a better job and a higer salary. I've been graduated for 2 yrs now, and is no better position in pay than when I had started S.H. Most potential employer still see S.H. as a vocational school and would rather employ grads from a University. I was told they would help me find a job. I did not expect to have them pull a career for me out of a hat, but their career services do the exact same thing I do to search for employment. All the do is search workforce services website. Now I paid quite a bit more in tuition to go to S.H. One of the perks that influenced my decision to study there, is that they woul assist in finding a job. I'm very disapointed that one of the services I paid for is not of any value to me in any way shape or form. Currently the job I have is no where near the position or salary I was told I could acheive. Everytime I hear a S.H. commercial, I get sick to my stomach knowing I could have gone further at a University.
Starting Job: (AKA Buisness Development) Telemarketing Preparedness: C- Reputation: F

SHC is one of the biggest scams on

Jul 18 2010Business - Management and Administration
SHC is one of the biggest scams on the planet, and obviously I am not the only one who fell for it. Right from the beginning, the arrogant staff tells you whatever you want to hear to get you to sign up for the program. I was told that my entire curriculum could be online and I could take two courses at a time; my first 6 months were in the classroom taking one class at a time. THEN, the registrar (who was a completely incompetant waste of time) lost my transcripts and my personal information so I ended up taking multiple courses that I had previously completed. When I brought this to the Dean of Students attention, she turned it on me like I was the one who was at fault and that it would be up to me if I wanted to continue. Aside from all of the issues right up front, the faculty could have been hired out of high school for all of the experience and quality teaching they brought to the classroom. Most teachers read from powerpoint slides they didn't even create, and then tested us on questions we didnt even cover. The staff does not answer emails, phone calls, or office visits; the tech guy crashed more computers than he fixed; the amount of lies you are told while you go there is catastrophic.Do yourself a favor; if you are going to spend 50 grand on an education, go to an ivy league school, at least you will get what you paid for.