StudentsReview :: Stevens Henager College Ogden - Comments and Student Experiences

Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology -- Terre Haute, IN
Rose State College -- Midwest City, OK
Dickinson School of Law of Penn State -- Carlisle, PA

Stevens Henager College Ogden

Oct 23 2014Art & Design Department
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I am 28 years old and possess an Associate's Degree from the "Educational Institution" known as: Stevens-Henager College. Did i mention I had to move back in with my parents after I had to start paying back that $40k back?

It all started back in 2010. January 18th to be exact. I've never prided myself on being much of an academic (more on that later) and initially SHC seemed perfect. Small class sizes, one on one time with instructors etc... It wasn't until I signed my life away on the dotted line and classes had already started that I realized... IT'S A TRAP! where a good chunk of the student body had no place on a college campus, myself included...

I was enrolled in the Graphic Arts program and from the start, it seemed like something was askew, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. I think the second mod I took was APPS 101. This course (4 weeks worth) taught you the basics of using a computer and your most basic programs, like Word. Sadly... many of the students struggled. Even with that.

I wasn't too far down the rabbit hole, when I decided enough is enough. after three months or so, I decided to drop out to the tune of about SEVEN THOUSAND DOLLARS... Financial Aid & my Dean both insisted that I stay and finish my degree, so I can get that "high-paying job" - a pitch that for-profit schools have mastered over the years.

Roughly two years later, degree in hand I graduate. Except for the degree in hand. You don't actually get your Diploma/Degree until you have a zero balance remaining with the school.

Even with the scandal in the news about their deceitful recruitment tactics, their doors remain open.

It is now October 2014. I'm 28 years old and STILL $40k in debt. I can't find a job, seeing how just about every job posting makes it VERY clear that they are looking for a 4 year degree from an accredited UNIVERSITY.

Please learn from my mistake. STAY AWAY FROM STEVENS-HENAGER!

2nd Year Male -- Class 2012
Campus Aesthetics: A, Education Quality: F
Mar 19 2012Business - Management and Administration
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I was fortunate to get out of this school after a couple of months. This school is not a ?scam? but it is a rip off. Selling a nationally accredited bachelors degree for 70,000? Please! Here is a list of costs for a bachelors degree I found online at stevenshenagertruth.blogspot. com.

Stevens Henager- $71,000
Georgia Tech- $32,769
University of Utah- $27,750
Ohio State- $38,844
University of Washington- $28,200
Michigan State- $51,288Do the math, and make a smart choice.

Nov 20 2011Business - Management and Administration
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Stevens Henager College is the biggest load of bull S*$% I have ever endured! This school promises a better future... I have a bachelors in Health Care Administration. Employers have caught on to how worthless this degree is, and student loan companies have jumped on seeing how valuable these giant loans are. After graduating with a $56,000 \'worthless\' degree I found a job making $12/hr. My student loans with Stevens Henager, Sallie Mae, and others are more than $842 in monthly payments. Do the math, that is nearly 50% of my income. I cannot make a decent wage, I cannot afford to pay my bills and continue to put food on the table. When discussing payment plans for Stevens Henager alone, I asked the FINANCIAL ADVISOR how much he thought my student loans from the gov\'t would be per month and his response was \"well that is between you and the federal government\".... of course he wasn\'t going to tell me that I was going to have more loan payments then I could afford. DO NOT GO TO STEVENS HENAGER!!!! The school is a joke. It is a financial gain for them, they don\'t give a shit about their students, only the bottom dollar. Oh, and that computer you get, mine didn\'t even work through graduation.... that\'s how amazing that computer is.... also it is included in your tuition for almost 5,000.... Go buy a Mac and go to a real school. Unless you have endless time and money to waste with Stevens Henager..... BOISE ID GRADUATE.... DO NOT MAKE SAME MISTAKES I DID!!!!!!
3rd Year Female -- Class 2010