StudentsReview :: Stevens Henager College Ogden - Comments and Student Experiences

Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology -- Terre Haute, IN
Rose State College -- Midwest City, OK
Dickinson School of Law of Penn State -- Carlisle, PA

Stevens Henager College Ogden

I did my graduate degree in Business Administation,

Jan 23 2010Business - Management and Administration
I did my graduate degree in Business Administation, health care management all online. I already had a job in the field, and for what it is worth, I just was accepted into college for my Doctorate Degree and will starting that in a few weeks.

The School I will be attending for my doctorate excepted all my courses and credits from Stevens-Henager. I found the Masters Thesis the most challenging aspect of the degree, the classes were not that hard. For those that complained about cost, they should have done there research, stevens-henager never hid what it charged per course hour or class. It is not secret, when you could have found it out before attending.

I was told I would get a better

Aug 09 2010Business - Management and Administration
I was told I would get a better job and a higer salary. I've been graduated for 2 yrs now, and is no better position in pay than when I had started S.H. Most potential employer still see S.H. as a vocational school and would rather employ grads from a University. I was told they would help me find a job. I did not expect to have them pull a career for me out of a hat, but their career services do the exact same thing I do to search for employment. All the do is search workforce services website. Now I paid quite a bit more in tuition to go to S.H. One of the perks that influenced my decision to study there, is that they woul assist in finding a job. I'm very disapointed that one of the services I paid for is not of any value to me in any way shape or form. Currently the job I have is no where near the position or salary I was told I could acheive. Everytime I hear a S.H. commercial, I get sick to my stomach knowing I could have gone further at a University.
Starting Job: (AKA Buisness Development) Telemarketing Preparedness: C- Reputation: F

Please be aware that this particular college caters

Dec 01 2009Other
Please be aware that this particular college caters to a very specific consumer; primarily, it caters to students who otherwise cannot, due to cognitive ability or socio/cultural issues, attend a traditional community college or traditional university.

It caters to the substandard student, the uncommitted student, and the uninformed student. It is for those who barely squeaked through high school, who only earned a GED, for those who want a "quick fix" for their financial woes.

It is for those students who feel everything should be given to them and want to be catered to as if they were at a Taco Bell drive through. It is for those students who balk at the idea of a rigorous academic experience. It is for the lazy and the entitled "millenials".

If you are any of these, you will receive adequate, career-oriented training. This is not an academic college, and as such, cannot be compared to one. It trains you for a task, for a job.

Instructors are experts in their fields. Most hold a Master's in their field, and many have their Ph.D.'s. As a result, many are disgusted by the lack of effort of the students, and many are worn down by demanding excellence from their students and instead only receiving mediocrity.Choose wisely, young grasshopper. What are your goals? To get a job? If so, this school will work for you. If you want an intellectual experience, choose a traditional university.

1st Year Female -- Class 2013