StudentsReview :: American Military University - Comments and Student Experiences

American Military University

This is a great school if you have

Jan 05 2014Other
This is a great school if you have the time to apply your studies. I hear all too often about students doing minimal work and still getting an A. While it is possible for some people to do that, you do not get anything out of the courses by just completing the work. It is the instance of going that extra mile in your studies that you can truly learn something. That is one facet of education that is hard to measure but AMU sets you up for that type of success.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2014
Education Quality: A+, Campus Aesthetics: F

I'm sorry that there are folks out there

Mar 06 2014Other
I'm sorry that there are folks out there who have had other than great service. I have been very pleased. The instructors are responsive, polite and help completely; you just have to ask. My wife has gotten her Masters from APUS, and despite what anyone can say, she is getting paid the same as someone coming from a traditional school with the same degree; so the validity of most of the statements regarding the credibility of a degree, is shot! I often wonder is the "bad experience" is just a bad attitude.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2014
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Innovation: B

I completed my degree while on Active Duty

Jun 13 2013Philosophy
I completed my degree while on Active Duty and AMU offered the best ability to balance my career and my school. The instructors were all incredibly responsive and helpful. I don't know if it's still the case, but books were covered in tuition, so that was a nice perk in addition to being regionally accredited. The program was arduous and while I missed the peer interaction I'd get in a brick & mortar institution, it was still a positive experience. Nearly every exam was qualitative, requiring constructing analysis and composition. I definitely feel I earned my degree.

The only "low" side, other than lack of peer interaction, has been a slight stigma against online institutions which seems to be waning in recent years.If you are military, TA will cover all your tuition and get your books too, since they're included in tuition. I would not recommend any other institution higher for those wishing to pursue a degree online while active duty.

4th Year Male -- Class 2008