StudentsReview :: American Military University - Comments and Student Experiences

American Military University

American Military University is

May 29 2006Psychology
American Military University is now REGIONALLY ACCREDITED!!
This is a Great -REGIONALLY ACCREDITED- school focused on military subjects! And the price is right at $250 a credit. Not to mention the free books for undergrads, wow!
2nd Year Male -- Class 2008
Scholastic Success: A+, University Resource Use: F

I've attended just about every type of undergraduate

Apr 15 2006Public Health
I've attended just about every type of undergraduate classes possible, from living in dorms and playing football my freshman year at a small private school, to attending evening classes at Columbia University, CLEP/DANTES tests, online classes at University of Maine, etc, etc. I learn more from my classes at AMU than any other learning environment I have been in. I ALWAYS get my questions answered.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2006
Education Quality: A+, Social Life: C

Because of my "American Military University" (AMU) alumni

Dec 30 2006Business - Management and Administration
Because of my "American Military University" (AMU) alumni status, I feel it is my pride, duty and honor to provide useful comments about the University, faculty and fellow alumni.

I would first like to say a few words about the medium used by AMU. Although we can find fault within every educational institution, I think it is important to understand that AMU provides a non-traditional setting. This means AMU has the ability to provide a quality education to those in a position where a traditional classroom setting is not possible. The University was originally formed to facilitate the higher education of our military men and women--I am proud to say I am one of those recipients.

AMU has continued to grow and is now able to provide a quality non-traditional education to anyone with the desire to learn. This is a true testament to the value of the education the University and its faculty provide. However...this is not a University that will just hand you a degree for participation alone--you will have to apply yourself and the fundamentals being taught. Don't be fooled by the medium thinking you can coast through this University. If I can provide one piece of advice…do not register and enroll with AMU without being mentally prepared to dedicate yourself and understand the personal commitment needed to succeed. I personally have taken traditional and non-traditional courses from a few different educational institutions and consider AMU to be at the top of the list in challenge and quality.

How about credibility through accreditation? For those who challenge AMU's credibility and jumped ship too soon, I challenge you to research the regional accreditation that AMU now holds with the NCA. The truth is...AMU has grown to be a respected University within the nation that offers unique educational programs for unique personal and national needs. Additionally, I challenge those who question the credibility of AMU's faculty to look at their bios on the AMU website. You will see that the majority are practicing in the field they teach and have exceptional credentials from other highly reputable universities.

As for me, I have now moved on to a Masters program (MBA) with Colorado State University. Those who say you can't move forward in career and educational opportunity by seeking a higher education from AMU is simply wrong! I consider myself living proof that AMU provides great opportunity. For example, I was able to gain admission to not one, but two AACSB universities with the education I received at AMU. AACSB is the “Association to Advanced Collegiate Schools of Business.” AACSB is the premier accreditation for those seeking an advanced education in business and currently accredits only 540 universities in the world. Additionally, I have been able to compete for respectable career opportunities that would not have been possible without my education with AMU. These are only a few examples of how AMU has changed my life.

Well...I feel much better now. Here’s the bottom line—for those of you who want the challenge and are willing to dedicate yourself to a quality non-traditional education, AMU is an economical and fulfilling choice.

Thanks to AMU and its faculty.
pacman