StudentsReview ™ :: American Military University - Comments and Student Experiences

American Military University

This school provides a program that you can't

Oct 11 2004History/Histories (art history/etc.)
This school provides a program that you can't get anywhere else. The military based education was great. Being a former NCO in the Marine Corps., I found great satisfaction in my course work. The accreditation that AMU has is National, yes, but it is accepted by many programs. To the guy who tried to get into the Master's program, did he try AMU? Did he try Champman College School of Law, I know they will take the DTEC. Additionally, DTEC is accepted by the California Peace Officers Standards and Training Commission. AMU is also working on regional accreditation. I think is a great school and I've checked out a number of them.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2006
Education Quality: A-, Social Life: D+

In criminal justice the university pogram has been

Sep 13 2004Criminal
In criminal justice the university pogram has been very helpful in my career goals. AMU accepts military tuition assistance which is a financial relief. The work assigned has been practical, utilitarian, and applicable to employment in the CJ field, and they have graded assigned work for spelling, grammar, and usage. Being in the military at a remote location, AMU has provided good, user-friendly, online resources, including research materials. The professors have always been available, getting back to questions and comments within 24 hours, and returning graded assignments in a timely way. It has been a good experience, and the military has appreciated the effort.I also noticed that it's not just a criminal justice oriented school, AMU provides other programs that support military career fields in the AF, Marines, Navy, and ARmy. For example, I noticed that have an Air Warfare program (maybe not so useful for civilians, but super for military careers). I've enjoyed it as an online education experience.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2007
Education Quality: A+, Campus Aesthetics: B

I've been working on my degree with AMU

Aug 29 2004Political Science
I've been working on my degree with AMU online. I found that my credits do transfer to regionally accredited institutions, and the military appreciates the AMU credits and degree.

The professors at AMU have been friendly and helpful, providing useful advice through in a user-friendly online classroom. I very much appreciated the high quality texts the professors selected for the course. The assignments and examinations were practical, based on course content, and challenging. The assignments and examinations are graded based on the subject area (i.e., poli sci, criminal justice, etc.), and are also critiqued based on writing skills.

The AMU experience has been a very good learning experience, and my chiefs in the military seemed to like what I have showed them.For others in the military looking for an online program that is a good balance with the demands of work and family, I highly recommend AMU.

3rd Year Male -- Class 2006