StudentsReview :: American Military University - Comments and Student Experiences

American Military University

I've attended just about every type of undergraduate

Apr 15 2006Public Health
I've attended just about every type of undergraduate classes possible, from living in dorms and playing football my freshman year at a small private school, to attending evening classes at Columbia University, CLEP/DANTES tests, online classes at University of Maine, etc, etc. I learn more from my classes at AMU than any other learning environment I have been in. I ALWAYS get my questions answered.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2006
Education Quality: A+, Social Life: C

This school provides a program that you can't

Oct 11 2004History/Histories (art history/etc.)
This school provides a program that you can't get anywhere else. The military based education was great. Being a former NCO in the Marine Corps., I found great satisfaction in my course work. The accreditation that AMU has is National, yes, but it is accepted by many programs. To the guy who tried to get into the Master's program, did he try AMU? Did he try Champman College School of Law, I know they will take the DTEC. Additionally, DTEC is accepted by the California Peace Officers Standards and Training Commission. AMU is also working on regional accreditation. I think is a great school and I've checked out a number of them.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2006
Education Quality: A-, Social Life: D+

I was looking for a specific program to

Nov 18 2004Other
I was looking for a specific program to enhance my Naval experience. American Military University had just the right program. The class work is extremely challenging and the grades are earned, not just paid for. I work now as a civilian, with several other individual who are attending various other schools and some are just diploma mills. AMU is not one of these moneymakers. I am now in my fourth semester and not one of these classes has been a “give me”. You learn the information and earn every grade you get. AMU has also recently gone through the process of achieving regional accreditation. This is to be completed sometime in ’05. The individual who was complain about his degree being worthless obviously did not do the proper research on this federal job he wanted, and I know for a fact that there are several ways the navy would have commissioned him. The single program he would not be able to get into is the Navy’s OCS school because they require a regional accreditation, and even that I think that can be waived. I am more inclined to believe this individual has other reasons that he did not get his commission and just blaming the school for his failings.

After serving 14yrs in the Navy, this university has the best flexibility and the degrees that truly pertain to the military professional.

2nd Year Male -- Class 2006