StudentsReview :: American Military University - Comments and Student Experiences

American Military University

I am Full Time active duty, and being

Mar 12 2013Business - Management and Administration
I am Full Time active duty, and being always on the move I have not had any opportunity to attend face-to-face classes. AMU was recommended to me by my Educational Boss, and I have been attending since 2011. The classes are structured for working adults, which work out great. I recommend this school to any adult looking for a way to finish up on their degree.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2017
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Collaboration/Competitive: B

I am a recent graduate of AMU's BS

Jan 02 2012Natural Resources
I am a recent graduate of AMU's BS in Environmental Studies program. I completed my entire degree online, therefore I have no traditional university experience with which to compare it. I will say many of the courses were challenging. The professors ranged from exceptionally helpful to utterly disinterested. Despite the stigma associated with online degrees, they do have their benefits. I could not have completed my degree had I not been given the opportunity to do it online. Furthermore, I have been researching Masters programs at various universities, and I have yet to be told by an admissions department that they will not accept my degree.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2011
Useful Schoolwork: A+, Education Quality: B+

American Military University has provided me a positive

Nov 15 2012Philosophy
American Military University has provided me a positive experience in education. As an service member not having been in high school for a long time, AMU provides an excellent transition from basic writing to academic writing. The courses are challenging, but it is not to say that they will take up your whole day if you are taking one to two classes per eight weeks. However, some of us, such as myself, are taking three courses and the reading requirement (aside from comprehension and retention) becomes very challenging.

If there is one thing the University is lacking right now, it is a universal structure for each class. I mean to say that assignments should be due from Thursday and on due to the fact that assignments are overloading when a student takes more than 2 courses at once. I intend to complete my degree within the 4-year margin, not 6-years. Finally, as some people may provide an insightful retort to the fact that AMU/APU is a "for-profit" organization, one thing they fail to realize is that APUS is still a military friendly organization that can be the stepping stone towards completing fundamental courses with the option to continue online, or transition into a higher learning institute. APUS is constantly improving its system and for a 20 year old school, it has done a tremendous job at advancing individuals into career oriented professions, military advancements, and personal achievements.

1st Year Male -- Class 2014