StudentsReview :: American Military University - Comments and Student Experiences

American Military University

AMU is nationally and regionally accredited

Aug 07 2007Other
AMU is nationally and regionally accredited. This accreditation issue is over. That said it was never an issue for me, because the quality of education at AMU is on par with or superior to the most Socratic instutions in the world. I look forward to the day when AMU offers a Ph.D. track - I will be first in line.
4th Year Male -- Class 2003
Education Quality: A+, Social Life: B-

I have been attending AMU/APU (both part of

Jul 09 2007Criminal
I have been attending AMU/APU (both part of APUS - American Pulbic University System - www.apu.apus.edu) for nearly a year now. I have had a wonderful experience. All of my Professors are down to earth and very helpful. I never have to wait for a response either. The admin staff is also helpful, as is my student advisor. Enrolling and registering for new classes each semester is easy and fast. The cost is inexpensive at only $250 a credit hour and they pay for and ship you all of your books if you are an undergrad. I would not attend any other online college (based on much research).
1st Year Female -- Class 2009
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Social Life: C

AMU is a good university

Jul 26 2007Other
AMU is a good university. They have many programs and classes from which to choose from, however since I have decided to go into engineering, it would be nice for AMU to design pre-professional curriculums for a student to follow. I understand that the advisor is at ones disposal, but a lot of colleges and universities still have set curriculums as a standard guide for students intrested in pre-med, nursing, engineering, etc. Also I tried to change my major, but AMU said that I have to complete at least 12 semester hours with them before I can do that. I wanted to change my major so that my credits would be reevaluated to reflect my pilots license which they didn't give me credit for even though I submitted it in the beginning with the rest of my transcripts and they say on the site that they do give credit for pilots licenses. I just want to mention that in other universities, one can change their major more often; I know. Other than that, I have definately enjoyed my experience with AMU and am very excited that they are regionally accredited. Overall I think AMU is a great university and definately fitting for anyone wanting a higher education.
1st Year Male -- Class 2010