StudentsReview :: American Military University - Comments and Student Experiences

American Military University

There are so many better choices then AMU.Quite Bright
There are so many better choices then AMU.
I already had 90 credit hours (3.8 GPA) towered my BA degree when I signed up with AMU. My first class at AMU was a mandatory “intro to learning” kind of thing. I made the mistake of mentioning that I really did not feel this type of class was all that useful for a 32 year old student like myself, a 19 year old maybe - but if I don’t know how to learn at 32, then I will never know. The professor then proceeded to give me low grades on all the work I turned in after that. My academic advisor was helpful enough to push me off on another faculty member, who simply said that the professor was right and I was wrong. Now I have a D- in a class I never wanted to take and I will have to pay back tuition assistance for the class. I can’t see by looking at the syllabus and adding my grades how I got a D- (even with the professor’s bias). Several times during the course the Professor would not accept work in one of the formats that the syllabus said was acceptable. Some of the online assignments had directions that the teacher seemed to be unaware of.
1st Year Male -- Class 2011
Education Quality: C+, Useful Schoolwork: F
In short- I contacted AMU for general info;Other
In short- I contacted AMU for general info; one year later, after choosing to attend this school, and after a transfer credit eval, I was disenrolled from the school WITHOUT notice days prior to enrolling in my first class. This of course put me into the most current program requirments, which now required that I take several additional classes to obtain my degree. I was told that the Student Services department is responsible for notifying students at 6 and 9 months of the potential disenrollment for inactivity. Again, I was never given any warning that I was about to be disenrolled, and I had spoken to my Academic Advisor a few weeks earlier. I was later told I could appeal the disenrollment, but why should I have too? Where was my Academic Advisor after I was disenrolled? I have not heard from him, nor anyone else from AMU since. I believe that I simply have too many other schools to choose from to have to deal with this type of BS!
AMU is nationally and regionally accredited.Not so brightOther
AMU is nationally and regionally accredited. This accreditation issue is over. That said it was never an issue for me, because the quality of education at AMU is on par with or superior to the most Socratic instutions in the world. I look forward to the day when AMU offers a Ph.D. track - I will be first in line.
4th Year Male -- Class 2003