StudentsReview ™ :: American Military University - Comments and Student Experiences

American Military University

I attended AMU prior to them becoming Regionally

Aug 25 2011Other
I attended AMU prior to them becoming Regionally Accredited. I stopped taking classes with them as I wanted maximum transferability if I decided to go elsewhere. I waited a while; in fact almost two years and then returned.

I think the school is awesome and as I cannot speak for the other departments, I will say that my experience with regards to my Intelligence Degree is incredible. The reason why I am very confidient about the curriculum is because I have a former Military Intelligence guy that reviews my stuff and gives major thumbs up with the assignments that I present to him and the topics he's read that have been posted by the instructors. People might have issues with the school because they aren't really trying to push themselves. I have assisted others that went to Central Texas College, University of Maryland, Hawaii Pacific University, Park University and other colleges; and they have seen the way AMU does things and they really liked it. Its all up to the individual as to whether or not they will get a quality education.

3rd Year Male -- Class 2013
Education Quality: A+, Useful Schoolwork: B+

I have read several of the negative comments

Aug 20 2011Other
I have read several of the negative comments on this website and there isn't any grounds for the ngeativity. I am on my 3rd year at AMU and I will bre receiving my BS next June. Everybody has their problems with schools whether it be with the faculty or the system. You get what you put into it and the academic oriented negativity is simply based on the individuals close mindedness. For example one post said you "have to use their library". This is untrue, the library is for your convenience as a one stop shop but you are also allowed to use outside sources. Online school is not a fit for everyone so please research your options before you start slamming well educated professors that have way more knowlede in subject matter than the students that are posting negative comments.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2012
Education Quality: A+,

First of all, AMU is an excellent school

Jul 26 2011Unknown
First of all, AMU is an excellent school that is regionally and nationally accredited. Yes, it is for ?profit? organization; however, the tuition is one of the lowest compared to that of other online universities. The quality of education is superior and the professors are all qualified to match their specialized fields.

I am so happy with my experience at this school compared to that of University of Phoenix; who?s mainly in it for the money and not the education. I have a BA in Business Management from AMU, and I have gotten many job offers from civilian companies such as Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics, Raytheon, and DSCI.

To any prospective students, please do your research first, but trust me when I say this is an awesome school. Remember, you get what you put into your education.

Be the judge for yourself and don?t be discouraged by other people's comments.Good luck to you all in your educational endeavor :)

3rd Year Female -- Class 2015