StudentsReview :: American Military University - Comments and Student Experiences

American Military University

I have read several of the negative comments

Aug 20 2011Other
I have read several of the negative comments on this website and there isn't any grounds for the ngeativity. I am on my 3rd year at AMU and I will bre receiving my BS next June. Everybody has their problems with schools whether it be with the faculty or the system. You get what you put into it and the academic oriented negativity is simply based on the individuals close mindedness. For example one post said you "have to use their library". This is untrue, the library is for your convenience as a one stop shop but you are also allowed to use outside sources. Online school is not a fit for everyone so please research your options before you start slamming well educated professors that have way more knowlede in subject matter than the students that are posting negative comments.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2012
Education Quality: A+,

First of all, AMU is an excellent school

Jul 26 2011Unknown
First of all, AMU is an excellent school that is regionally and nationally accredited. Yes, it is for ?profit? organization; however, the tuition is one of the lowest compared to that of other online universities. The quality of education is superior and the professors are all qualified to match their specialized fields.

I am so happy with my experience at this school compared to that of University of Phoenix; who?s mainly in it for the money and not the education. I have a BA in Business Management from AMU, and I have gotten many job offers from civilian companies such as Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics, Raytheon, and DSCI.

To any prospective students, please do your research first, but trust me when I say this is an awesome school. Remember, you get what you put into your education.

Be the judge for yourself and don?t be discouraged by other people's comments.Good luck to you all in your educational endeavor :)

3rd Year Female -- Class 2015
University Resource Use: A+, Useful Schoolwork: B+

I looked long and hard at AMU for

Jul 04 2011Other
I looked long and hard at AMU for several years before deciding to enroll, and this website was one of the places that I search for reviews on AMU's quality. After having completed several semesters at AMU, I could not be happier with what I am receiving. The education is great. The professors are both very friendly and knowledgeable. The price is reasonable. If you do your work and do your best, then you will succeed. And this is how universities should be.

All of these comments that bash AMU professors and dismiss their credibility are baseless. My department, the Space Studies Department, includes engineers, military aviators, and even 2 retired Space Shuttle Astronauts. Other departments include veteran oceanographers, zoologists, retired medical professionals, and other professors that actually have practical experience in their subjects, and are not just pure academics. AMU has a very impressive science department.The criticisms of the workload are also baseless. AMU is like any other university. Some professors will make you work for every point, while others are more lenient. But every student should expect to work, and follow the syllabus, or else their grades will suffer. There are no easy 4.0's as some of the posters here are erroneously insinuating.

1st Year Male -- Class 2012