StudentsReview :: American Military University - Comments and Student Experiences

American Military University

Oct 21 2011Business - Management and Administration
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
AMU has turned out to be a decent school for me. I am almost done with my degree and I have learned much that applies to my job. I was worried about it being online however the regional accreditation helped get me past that. There have been a few accessibility issues recently with the website, but they seemed to work that out and things are fine now. I am not a 4.0 student but I do well enough. I would recommend this school to my friends.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2012
University Resource Use: A+, Social Life: F
Aug 25 2011Other
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I attended AMU prior to them becoming Regionally Accredited. I stopped taking classes with them as I wanted maximum transferability if I decided to go elsewhere. I waited a while; in fact almost two years and then returned.

I think the school is awesome and as I cannot speak for the other departments, I will say that my experience with regards to my Intelligence Degree is incredible. The reason why I am very confidient about the curriculum is because I have a former Military Intelligence guy that reviews my stuff and gives major thumbs up with the assignments that I present to him and the topics he's read that have been posted by the instructors. People might have issues with the school because they aren't really trying to push themselves. I have assisted others that went to Central Texas College, University of Maryland, Hawaii Pacific University, Park University and other colleges; and they have seen the way AMU does things and they really liked it. Its all up to the individual as to whether or not they will get a quality education.

3rd Year Male -- Class 2013
Education Quality: A+, Useful Schoolwork: B+
Aug 20 2011Other
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I have read several of the negative comments on this website and there isn't any grounds for the ngeativity. I am on my 3rd year at AMU and I will bre receiving my BS next June. Everybody has their problems with schools whether it be with the faculty or the system. You get what you put into it and the academic oriented negativity is simply based on the individuals close mindedness. For example one post said you "have to use their library". This is untrue, the library is for your convenience as a one stop shop but you are also allowed to use outside sources. Online school is not a fit for everyone so please research your options before you start slamming well educated professors that have way more knowlede in subject matter than the students that are posting negative comments.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2012
Education Quality: A+,

University of Puget Sound (WA) 1:advice

Southeastern Louisiana University (LA) 1:positive

Florida State University (FL)

The College of Wooster (OH) 1:advice