StudentsReview ™ :: American Military University - Comments and Student Experiences

American Military University

Pros:

May 22 2013Computer Science
Pros: Low tuition cost, classes online, 8 week sessions, some instructors are good while some are horrible.

Cons: class material is sometimes outdated, only receive pdf versions of text books, required to post mundane replies to discussion board topics where everyone says the exact same thing just a little differently but you MUST reply to two posts, some course cover entirely too much information in teh 8 weeks while others don't cover much material and have not tests.

I just had a database class where the instructor did not provide any feedback to the discussion boards, he gave feedback on our discussion board topics in our grades and his comments made no sense half the time and sometimes were very difficult to read because of the spelling errors.AMU claims to be military friendly, but while I had around 20+ credits through military courses I had taken, only 3 of those were actually transferred in towards my degree.

2nd Year Male -- Class 2014
Collaboration/Competitive: A, Education Quality: D

I am Full Time active duty, and being

Mar 12 2013Business - Management and Administration
I am Full Time active duty, and being always on the move I have not had any opportunity to attend face-to-face classes. AMU was recommended to me by my Educational Boss, and I have been attending since 2011. The classes are structured for working adults, which work out great. I recommend this school to any adult looking for a way to finish up on their degree.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2017
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Collaboration/Competitive: B

Berea College was a place that I did

Dec 27 2012History/Histories (art history/etc.)
Berea College was a place that I did not enjoy. The faculty ranged from wonderful to terrible as you would expect from any school I guess. The administration is complicated and the majority of them only want your money. Health Services is terrible and tells you to suffer through most of your problems, including severe kidney pain in my case. Counseling services is wonderful on the other hand. The town is very quiet simple and pretty. The college as a whole was a huge disappointment. The buildings are kept in disrepair and student money is wasted on things the school does not need, like $10,000 for a fancy rock for a garden, no joke. Overall, I would NOT go here again, even though some departments were wonderful the majority of the school sucks.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2012