StudentsReview :: American Military University - Comments and Student Experiences

American Military University

I am Full Time active duty, and being

Mar 12 2013Business - Management and Administration
I am Full Time active duty, and being always on the move I have not had any opportunity to attend face-to-face classes. AMU was recommended to me by my Educational Boss, and I have been attending since 2011. The classes are structured for working adults, which work out great. I recommend this school to any adult looking for a way to finish up on their degree.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2017
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Collaboration/Competitive: B

Berea College was a place that I did

Dec 27 2012History/Histories (art history/etc.)
Berea College was a place that I did not enjoy. The faculty ranged from wonderful to terrible as you would expect from any school I guess. The administration is complicated and the majority of them only want your money. Health Services is terrible and tells you to suffer through most of your problems, including severe kidney pain in my case. Counseling services is wonderful on the other hand. The town is very quiet simple and pretty. The college as a whole was a huge disappointment. The buildings are kept in disrepair and student money is wasted on things the school does not need, like $10,000 for a fancy rock for a garden, no joke. Overall, I would NOT go here again, even though some departments were wonderful the majority of the school sucks.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2012
Perceived Campus Safety: A+, Individual Value: F

American Military University has provided me a positive

Nov 15 2012Philosophy
American Military University has provided me a positive experience in education. As an service member not having been in high school for a long time, AMU provides an excellent transition from basic writing to academic writing. The courses are challenging, but it is not to say that they will take up your whole day if you are taking one to two classes per eight weeks. However, some of us, such as myself, are taking three courses and the reading requirement (aside from comprehension and retention) becomes very challenging.

If there is one thing the University is lacking right now, it is a universal structure for each class. I mean to say that assignments should be due from Thursday and on due to the fact that assignments are overloading when a student takes more than 2 courses at once. I intend to complete my degree within the 4-year margin, not 6-years. Finally, as some people may provide an insightful retort to the fact that AMU/APU is a "for-profit" organization, one thing they fail to realize is that APUS is still a military friendly organization that can be the stepping stone towards completing fundamental courses with the option to continue online, or transition into a higher learning institute. APUS is constantly improving its system and for a 20 year old school, it has done a tremendous job at advancing individuals into career oriented professions, military advancements, and personal achievements.

1st Year Male -- Class 2014