StudentsReview ™ :: American Military University - Comments and Student Experiences

American Military University

After attending AMU for 3 1/2 years I

Apr 13 2011Unknown
After attending AMU for 3 1/2 years I found the BA in Security management mirrored my civilian couterparts at 17 years of service. The staff and faculty were excellent at supporting through the process. Enduring many deployments they were also helpfull if extentions were required. I will not conside for Masters program only because fould other regionally accredited schools who will pay full tuition under military TA. Overall excellent school that I would recommend to anyone desiring a degree.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2011
Education Quality: A+, Social Life: C+

I attended AMU while I was serving in

Mar 16 2011Criminal
I attended AMU while I was serving in the Marine Corps and completed my AA degree therein. I have decided to remain at AMU for my BA but will attend a brick & mortar graduate school. I have done the research and AMU is certainly not a diploma mill. It is both nationally and regionally accredited. After finishing the program course work, you have to complete a Learning Outcomes Assessment and a comprehensive exam specific to your major. I read a lot of whining about the COL100 class which is an institutional requirement. I will note that this course goes toward your degree plan and every AMU Bachelor's program requires 121-124 credits and no more. Contrarily, my wife attends a brick & mortar state university and must complete over 150 credits to achieve her Bachelor's due to institutional requirements and pre-requisites.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2012
Education Quality: A, Campus Aesthetics: C-
Feb 13 2011Computer Science

Excellent reasonably priced university, regionally accredited. No real complaints so far.

2nd Year Male -- Class 2013