StudentsReview :: American Military University - Comments and Student Experiences

American Military University

Mar 02 2014Accounting
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Teacher do not help students much, especially with math and they credit financial aid to your school account instead of giving you tour money. When calling for help, everyone says something else, no one knows what is going on or how to help with your issues.
1st Year Female -- Class 2018
Education Quality: C, Innovation: F
Feb 26 2014Business - Management and Administration
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Went to AMU for one semester, changed schools as soon as possible. AMU is a diploma mill; canned education that is cobbled together in a sloppy way. Based on spelling and grammar, the instructors appear to be 3rd graders. AMU offers a truly worthless education.I graduated from a different school this year.
Feb 25 2014Public Health
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I have attended AMU for about 4 years now, including time while I was in the service. Up until last June, I had absolutely no problem with the school or faculty; however, that has since changed. In July, the school switched to a new financial aid system. I currently use FSA because I will be applying to PA school when I complete my Bachelor's and will use my GI Bill then. When the school switched to the new financial aid system, it was subpar to say the least. My semester started in July, but I did not receive my refund until November. Like most college students, I use my refund towards the apartment that I live in. I also have a full time job, as well as taking full time classes. Anyways, for four months, the employees at the student support center and financial aid office continuously promised to call me back and to make my individual case of high importance. Needless to say, clearly that didn't happen. They finally advanced my funds and put them in my account in November, the same month I started a new semester. By the time the November semester began, the issue in my account still had yet to be corrected so once again, they had to advance my funds. I have heard nothing else since then. I decided to call today because I start a new semester in March. I wanted to inquire about my financial aid status and to see if everything had been corrected. To no surprise of mine, it hadn't. I was then informed that I have a substantial balance on my student account because although that advanced me my refund from July, their financial aid system is not able to pull my funds in from the Department of Education due to a glitch. The lady I spoke with then proceeded to tell me that because of this balance on my account, that they will work with me on a payment plan. I should not have to pay any of this until 6 months after I graduate. Instead, because of THEIR system error, they might make me pay it while I'm still in school and at the same time, waiting months after my semester start dates to receive any refund. I have contemplated on transferring, but I'm due to graduate in September and that would only complicate things. I'm hoping that they get their system straightened out because typically, with an outstanding balance schools will not let you graduate or receive transcripts. This would completely mess me up because I'm due to apply to PA school in December. If you are in the military and use TA, this school is fine. BUT I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS SCHOOL IF YOU PLAN ON USING FSA AS YOUR FORM OF PAYMENT!!
3rd Year Female -- Class 2014