StudentsReview :: American Military University - Comments and Student Experiences

American Military University

Excellent program in Information

Nov 09 2014School of Information
Excellent program in Information Security. Regionally Accredited they take that seriously. Because of that you will have to work and work hard to get good grades in your major. As time goes by and more graduates enter the workforce the reputation of AMU will flourish.
1st Year Male -- Class 2015
Education Quality: A+, Campus Aesthetics: C

Going to any online college the user will

Jun 05 2014Criminal
Going to any online college the user will have to have a bit of common sense. If yuo have that then your are golden. AMU in all honesty gave me not 1 problem.....ever. Everything was straightforward and concise. I am retiring from the military shortley and a college degree is all people are looking for. Online, tradidional...whatever. A degree is a degree as long as it is accredited.
4th Year Male -- Class 2014
Scholastic Success: A+, Perceived Campus Safety: C-

AMU was a challenge

Nov 04 2014Business - Management and Administration
AMU was a challenge. My wife and I both received undergraduate degrees in Management and believe it AMU has contributed directly to our success. I work full time managing IT projects and my wife owns and operates a facility management company. The skills and knowledge we have gained has helped with our careers and my wife with her business. More importantly it has helped my wife with her employees. The degree is what you make. Anyone can cheat regardless where they go to school, but if you wish to gain from your experience you take the time to read the text books and do the assignments. I use to be able to wing it in some of my classes in the past because I could just listen to the instructor. Taking classes on line is more difficult if you take the time to learn. The most challenging part for me was actually reading the entire text book for each class.
Starting Job: Helpdesk Preparedness: A+ Reputation: B+