StudentsReview :: Christopher Newport University - Comments and Student Experiences

James Madison University -- Harrisonburg, VA
University of Virginia -- Charlottesville, VA
Virginia Commonwealth University -- Richmond, VA

Christopher Newport University

I am not going

Apr 17 2014Biology
I am not going here; I felt it necessary to let other potential applicants know of the attitude that CNU takes toward its transfer applicants.

CNU talks a great

Apr 16 2013English
CNU talks a great game but does NOT deliver in terms of warmth, teacher excellence or engaged faculty.

My experience was awful, and I suggest you take another look elsewhere.A waste of time and money.

I really don't know what I was thinking

Dec 28 2013Unknown
I really don't know what I was thinking coming to CNU. From the beginning I saw that basically all my values beliefs would have to be withheld to fit in at CNU. This University attracts predominately right wing republicans many of which are to scared to listen to a person of a different race or religion speak their truth. In fact as soon as a person is labeled as weird they are basically ostracized from other students. All in all CNU isn't a bad school, but since I live by the motto Unity in Diversity this is not the school for me.
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Useful Schoolwork: F