StudentsReview :: The College of William and Mary - Comments and Student Experiences

University of Virginia -- Charlottesville, VA

The College of William and Mary

I had to go to a state school

Mar 05 2013English
I had to go to a state school and got caught up in rankings and famous alumni. Unfortunately that kind of thinking is what allows this horrible mediocrity to keep up a decent reputation. There were actually local schools I turned my nose up at that on further inspection have much better professors. Since graduating W&M I've studied in the real ivy league as well as other state schools. W&M doesn't measure up to anything except highschool. Its rankings are a fraud.
4th Year Male -- Class 2006
Perceived Campus Safety: B+, Education Quality: F

First The competition, especially for preMed and preLaw

Sep 15 2013PreMed and Medical
First The competition, especially for preMed and preLaw is cutthroat. Be ready to work day in and day out if you want a 3.5+ GPA. Grades here are always deflated and there are many professors who, flat out, refuse to give As for anything. I got into UVA, Stanford and Cornell. Ideally, I would have picked any of those places. My GPA is too low now to transfer because the workload here is ridiculous. Don't believe me? Read the other reviews; many share my experiences.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2017
Individual Value: A+, Social Life: F

William and Mary is the worst place in

Feb 10 2013Neuroscience/Cognitive Science
William and Mary is the worst place in the world! I was once a very happy, excited, and lighthearted person. A year here has made me bitter and hateful. The student body is cold and really close minded. I am transferring out as quickly as possible. I would not recommend this place to anyone I liked or thought was at least okay. If you are preppy, stuck up, and close minded you could very well be happy here though, but even then most people aren't actually happy here. 4 years and done I guess. I'm so far gone I can't wait to get out of here.
1st Year Female -- Class 2016