StudentsReview :: ECPI University - Comments and Student Experiences

ECPI University

I am an online student at ECPI.AverageMechanical Engineering
I am an online student at ECPI. The core classes such as english, economics, math etc. have top-notch instructors. Literally these people are great, the courses are well put together and instructors actually instruct.

But,
When you get into your program courses (I am a Mech. Engineer) the school is an absolute joke. With the exception of a few instructors like about 2, most are a complete joke and are arrogant or unwilling to help with anything. The course work is just jammed together; a secular term to describe the classes would be half-a$$ed by the curriculum dept.

Some classes were so bad the instructors would get frustrated at the number of errors contained in the coursework. They do surveys after every class so you can rate the instructor and class, but the school does not read them or take any steps to make changes.

You are assigned an academic success coordinator who tells outright lies. Their job is more of a student retention coordinator to keep your money at the school.

The value is good in that you get access to free tutors to help you weed through the disastrous curriculum. This school loves to spring very complex software programs on students and the classes begin by expecting the student is an expert in using the program. Out of 5 occasions, this happened, 2 instructors actually did the job they are paid to do and showed you how to learn the software.

I am a current student in great academic standing, maintaining a 4.0 GPA and maintaining the dean's list on a regular basis. I work hard to do this. One of the new instructors in 2021 accused me and a tutor of cheating on one of my assignments.

After it was investigated it was found that the instructor was in the wrong and made false statements against me and a tutor. This instructor also made several stereotypical comments toward me during zoom sessions. Of course, no action was taken against the instructor, due to her false accusations. ECPI will discharge students who are found to be guilty of violating academic integrity, but I guess the same does not apply to liars who instructor.Overall, if you want to attend a school with top-notch instructors in english, math, calculus etc. Attend ECPI. If you want terrible instructors for your degree program in mechanical engineering, this is the school for you.

2nd Year Male -- Class 1923
Collaboration/Competitive: A+, Education Quality: F
There is no way I can possibly describeSuper BrilliantComputer Science
There is no way I can possibly describe just how horrible this school is - academically, professionally, ethically... It's just bad on every level. The school lies to you constantly. They draw you in with promises, but those promises are empty. You simply cannot get a good education at ECPI. Worse, complaints are met with punishment. They'll find ways of making you pay (on multiple levels.) Don't go there. If you are there, run as soon as possible.
1st Year Female -- Class 1922
Surrounding City: B+, Education Quality: F
After searching for a school that would allowQuite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
After searching for a school that would allow me to finish faster, I decided to come to ECPI. I already had proir college so I figured maybe I can transfer them over. Little did I know, apparently most of them were not compatible (which is a lie, because the course description and studies were the same) so I had to retake alot of classes.

Even then I still figured I would get done faster using the GI bill's yellow ribbon program. Where they allow you to overload one extra class per term (5weeks). When I went to get help from my program director, not only was he unhelpful but made it sound like he's doing me a favor by not overloading. Eventually, I started my overload after attending school for at least 3 terms with a gpa of 3.2. Applied and started the overload on my 5th term. Took a while! After overloading for three terms, I was told I wouldn't be able to overload more, butif I request it, I might still be able to???!

So there I was already half way through my degree plan and I get hit qith more curveballs. Don't go into business if you're looking for a good guidance counselor/acedemic advisor because he's super unhelpful and arrogant. Anyhow ended up takong two years to finish school instead of 1 and a half because of how unhelpful he was. Didn't work well with my plans.

Teachers-while some are very good at their jobs and do it in the daytime, others are not. Its really a hit and miss.

Schedule-they have all sorts of schedules catered to their students days, nights, weekend hybrid, and online. The best classes in my opinion are their hybrid classes. You do a little bit of work on the day you are not in class online and then you attend class one day out of the week only. Making your schedule alot easier. Their online canvas is easy to understand. But if you get a course that requires you to get on petersons course, abort! Petersons suck! Grading is done by a computer and needs precise anwers. An R will not be recognized if you put a lowercase r. Making it a wrong choice.

Degree plan-I wished they had a better set rotation for the degrees. Instead they throw you into whatever classes they can fit u in. Sometimes they can and they cant and will make it seem like its your fault because you transferred credits over. You may have a 300 level class your first quarter there and then fluctuate up and down. Making it hard to understand the material because you should've been in the 100 class first. Hopefully this helps...If I could do it all over again, I would go to South University or Stradford University. They were going to accept all my credit transfer and give me a free laptop. Not just and ipad to borrow. Last recommendation go here if you just want a degree in 2.5 years and not an education.

1st Year Female -- Class 2016