StudentsReview :: ECPI University - Comments and Student Experiences

ECPI University

After searching for a school that would allowQuite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
After searching for a school that would allow me to finish faster, I decided to come to ECPI. I already had proir college so I figured maybe I can transfer them over. Little did I know, apparently most of them were not compatible (which is a lie, because the course description and studies were the same) so I had to retake alot of classes.

Even then I still figured I would get done faster using the GI bill's yellow ribbon program. Where they allow you to overload one extra class per term (5weeks). When I went to get help from my program director, not only was he unhelpful but made it sound like he's doing me a favor by not overloading. Eventually, I started my overload after attending school for at least 3 terms with a gpa of 3.2. Applied and started the overload on my 5th term. Took a while! After overloading for three terms, I was told I wouldn't be able to overload more, butif I request it, I might still be able to???!

So there I was already half way through my degree plan and I get hit qith more curveballs. Don't go into business if you're looking for a good guidance counselor/acedemic advisor because he's super unhelpful and arrogant. Anyhow ended up takong two years to finish school instead of 1 and a half because of how unhelpful he was. Didn't work well with my plans.

Teachers-while some are very good at their jobs and do it in the daytime, others are not. Its really a hit and miss.

Schedule-they have all sorts of schedules catered to their students days, nights, weekend hybrid, and online. The best classes in my opinion are their hybrid classes. You do a little bit of work on the day you are not in class online and then you attend class one day out of the week only. Making your schedule alot easier. Their online canvas is easy to understand. But if you get a course that requires you to get on petersons course, abort! Petersons suck! Grading is done by a computer and needs precise anwers. An R will not be recognized if you put a lowercase r. Making it a wrong choice.

Degree plan-I wished they had a better set rotation for the degrees. Instead they throw you into whatever classes they can fit u in. Sometimes they can and they cant and will make it seem like its your fault because you transferred credits over. You may have a 300 level class your first quarter there and then fluctuate up and down. Making it hard to understand the material because you should've been in the 100 class first. Hopefully this helps...If I could do it all over again, I would go to South University or Stradford University. They were going to accept all my credit transfer and give me a free laptop. Not just and ipad to borrow. Last recommendation go here if you just want a degree in 2.5 years and not an education.

1st Year Female -- Class 2016
Scholastic Success: B, Individual Value: F
AverageComputer Science
Great place for adult learner
Education Quality: A+, Social Life: B
I will start with the negatives; BS inComputer Science
I will start with the negatives; BS in Computer Science is not a degree field to get into at ECPI unless you have good working knowledge of the IT World. The fast pace and sometimes less than ideal quality of an instructor or two can throw you off. Even I had to struggle a little when I had a couple of poor quality instructors, and I had 14 years' experience at the time. If you are in a new program, expect it to be chaotic. I was in the Healthcare IT program and my curriculum was not well thought out, nor properly planned. As an example, I had a Power Shell class and I should've had some Unix before that, which I did not. Honestly, the Power Shell shouldn't have been a requirement for my concentration. Also, with the exception of the Medical Terminology, the rest of the Healthcare classes were not properly designed. Two of them were almost identical. But this doesn't matter anymore since they decided to delete the program.

Now for the positives; if you have IT experience, and are retired from the military, this is the place! I didn't care about summers off, and after retiring this was my new job. Though there are some instructors that shouldn't step foot in front of a class, there are some that I have felt privileged to learn from. Career services helped me get my internship which turned into my first job. Having students from culinary work in the cafeteria was another nice perk.

They are starting a Masters of Science in Cyber Security someday. It was supposed to start in Sept 2015 and I am writing this in Oct 2015 while still waiting for my first class. Another problem with ECPI, they rush into something without having all of their eggs in the basket. I was notified a couple weeks prior to the Sept start date and scrambled to get all of my paperwork done, only to be told the week before that I was delayed.Overall a good school. There are other programs available in technology, business, electronics, medical, and culinary. You can always find something to interest you. Just research the classes to see if you can handle four 5 hour class days a week, all year 'round.

Royal Roads University (Canada) 2:neutral