StudentsReview :: Liberty University - Comments and Student Experiences

Colorado Christian University -- Lakewood, CO

Liberty University

Hi! I absolutely have had the opposite experienceQuite BrightPublic Health
Hi! I absolutely have had the opposite experience then most people who have posted on this website and It honestly makes me really sad that you all had a below averaged experience at Liberty. I am an out of state student from Florida. That being said we really are not southern as far as our culture. I have loved the cute southern style liberty has and have had an amazing experience at Liberty University as far as getting involved I am 100% extroverted I have found the most amazing friends! My department has been amazing with the friendliest staff and professors.Going to Liberty was honestly the best decision I have ever made! I hope it is for future students. Also I hope that those of you who had a terrible experience that it improved at your next university!
2nd Year Female -- Class 2018
Education Quality: A+, Surrounding City: B+
I transferred to Liberty University from Virginia TechQuite Bright
I transferred to Liberty University from Virginia Tech for the positive Christian atmosphere. It was the worst decision I've ever made.

1) Academics. Depending on the major, the academics here are a joke. They will over Christianize every single subject.

2) People. Do not even get me started. I was so depressed I almost killed myself because I had no friends because I swore/ did not believe the exact same things other people believed. My roommates were assholes who would play music loudly till midnight and had no consideration for other humans besides themselves. I have never felt more depressed or alone in my life.

3) The college experience. THERE IS NOTHING TO DO IN LYNCHBURG. STAY AWAY OR YOU WILL DIE OF BOREDOM. Literally my roommates would drive to Roanoke for donuts. That was the fun thing to do on the weekend.

4) DO NOT COME TO THIS SCHOOL UNLESS YOU HAVE A CAR. Need I emphasize again, THERE IS NOTHING TO DO ON CAMPUS ON THE WEEKENDS. LU empties out on the weekends. People escape to other universities.

5) Advising. ADVISERS HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT. I was so depressed that I was failing all of my classes. I decided to withdraw from all but one because I did not want my transcript affected. My advisor said that it was fine to keep my one credit class and that I could keep my housing. Turns out, she was wrong. You have to be in 3 credits in order to keep your housing. I got evicted and had to commute to lynchburg from Northern Virginia for 2 months in order to finish the therapy I started. I also had to live out of my car for several days.

They do not know what they are talking about and will screw you over. STAY AWAY.

3rd Year Female -- Class 2018
Perceived Campus Safety: A+, Useful Schoolwork: F
I am currently atending online courses at LibertyBrightOther
I am currently atending online courses at Liberty University for Web Development. I am a undergraduate and hoping to gain a certification. The program has 6 classes. The first 2 classes were great because I took only 1 per term. It is more expensive to do that and not considered full time. If you take 2 classes per term you are considered full time and it is less expensive.

Last term I took 2 classes at once because I want to just finish so that I can start earning money. I got the flu and had to drop one class because the work load was so heavy. So I dropped Java and completed HTML with a B for a final grade. I am now taking 2 courses this term, PHP and E-Commerce. The work load is tremendous. On top of that I get a damn 25 out of 50 on a stupid discussion board. Every grade I get from this professor is horrible and I work my ass off for it. When I turn my assignment in the website pages work fine but I still get bumped for it. I will probably barely end up passing this course if I pass. If you cannot handle devoting at least 40 hours a week for each online class at Liberty then DO NOT TAKE IT!

I have had a couple of really great professors there that were really helpful and I appreciate them. But, my overall experience of gaining the knowledge you need to be successful at what you do it is not the place to go.

Now, I am in debt with student loan and feel like I've been on a hamster wheel during each class so have not retained the knowledge I would like to. I am not new to college and have an associates degree from years back. If you really want to get a degree my advice would be to attend a local college where you can actually sit in the classroom and talk to someone if you need help or have questions.I very much believe in God even though I said a couple of curse words. Believe me, God would probably say a few too. I am thankful that I gained some knowledge but after this term that's it for me with any college. All they want is your money and don't really care for you as a student. Really sad too. You can get online certificates for 95 dollars at w3schools.com and learn as much or more than you do at liberty. Or, go to Barnes and Noble and grab a book on the subject and teach yourself. That is the same that your doing taking online classes. At least at Liberty that's all your doing.

1st Year Female -- Class 1952