StudentsReview :: Liberty University - Comments and Student Experiences

Colorado Christian University -- Lakewood, CO

Liberty University

Worst decision I've ever

Apr 03 2014Business - Management and Administration
Worst decision I've ever made was choosing to attend liberty university i strongly urge others to stay clear of liberty, lynchburg and Virginia in general.

I absolutely love this school

Feb 04 2014Business - Management and Administration
I absolutely love this school. If you're looking for a unique environment where there's plenty of room to get involved and meet people, then this school is suitable for you. There are people from all over the world here, so it's really cool to meet new people. I have found a tight-knit friend group here, and they really have made my college experience very fun.

The course work is quality. In my field (business), it's not over-bearing, but it does take time. My experience with professors has been pleasant as they seem to genuinely love the students and value their role in the university.

I'm impressed that this school has D1 sports. The sports programs are up-and-coming, but not completely the best of the best. I enjoy convocation as there are a lot of celebrities and inspirational speakers who deliver positive messages. The school has grown this year as the new library opened and there is more space to hang out or do homework. There's a lot to do on and off campus, so my weekends have been enjoyable here. The town has a lot of different food options, and I love the dollar theatre especially. The local mall is nice, but not great. However, there are enough shopping locations around that it's not a big issue.

2nd Year Female -- Class 2015
Education Quality: A+, Collaboration/Competitive: B+

I am 43 years old and am attempting

Jan 19 2014Business - Management and Administration
I am 43 years old and am attempting my first online distance course. I quickly realized that after only hours into the class that I was going to have a very, very difficult time with their online format. I have never taken a computer class in my life. Less than one day into the class I attempted to withdraw but was told that there would be a $351.25 penalty in doing so. As you can imagine, I was completely stunned that a Christian University would have this kind of policy. They quickly escorted me to the fine print section which I was not interested in. The reason I could not withdraw without a penalty was because I already "participated " in the class by leaving an introduction of myself, where I'm from, ect. to the class (which had nothing to do with the class that I was taking). I am a military veteran so I wanted to take advantage of every discount that I could. One of those discounts was a book voucher for $100. I was told that this voucher number would be available after 3-5 days so instead of spending $208 on my books (which in itself is outrageous) I though $108 sounded much better so I decided to wait. That 5th day has come and gone and still no book voucher. I am a week into the class now and still have no book. I will withdraw from this class and eat the $351 but I can tell you one thing. If Jesus himself was in charge of admissions, I would have my $351 dollars back. This is not a Christian college. Its all about money. I may not be the best Christian out there but I would rather be a struggling Christian willing to admit my shortcomings that a hypocritical Christian. Shame on Liberty University. Jerry Falwell would be ashamed of what this place has turned into. If anyone would like to read my complete correspondence feel free to email me at STAY AWAY FROM THIS COLLEGE!!!
Get free info from: Liberty University