StudentsReview :: Liberty University - Comments and Student Experiences

Colorado Christian University -- Lakewood, CO

Liberty University

Liberty is suppose to be a Christian institute,

Aug 22 2014Psychology
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Liberty is suppose to be a Christian institute, but it is anything but that. The Biblical Counseling aspect was wonderful, I found the professors were accommodating, very helpful, understanding and willing to listen. However, when I entered the psychology portion of my degree, things changed completely. The professors were clearly there for only one purpose and that was to make sure that you stayed busy, were attending classes, (so that they could get paid) and facilitating (not educating you) an online environment. There was no teaching, no instruction other than poor mouth Power Point presentations and professors who were obviously too rushed to even seem as if they were interested in providing and educational environment.

In one of the lectures presented, the professor had the audacity to (right in the middle of the video) say "I'm sorry can we do another take" and then started his presentation all over again!? Several of the Power Point lectures (you could definitely see) were conducted by a student and not a professor. You were given 90 page reading assignments, on top of all the other busy work to be done; and tested on the 90 pages in an exam with no study guide, or idea of what the exam was going to cover. Then you were told you can use notes and open books if you wanted. Who has time to rifle through notes, 90 pages of text, and Power Point print outs with 25 - 50 questions in 90 minutes with not a clue as to what material is going to be covered most in the exam. You would have to literally remember all of the textbook reading verbatim, or have others assist you to make a decent grade? And to graduate with honors if you get that far...you will need at least a 3.60 GPA minimum. What happen to a 3.50 GPA? Liberty University is not at all what I was expecting in a University; and especially a Christian University. It is just like many other online schools, and diploma mills just looking for a warm but to fill a seat or sit in front of a monitor and say I am in college. If you are looking to be educated and not self educated - Liberty is not the place. But if you just want to say that you went to college and can undergo the rigors of Liberty...have at it. I will be doing my undergraduate studies elsewhere!

I love Liberty, the Professors are Great, My

Jul 03 2014Criminal
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I love Liberty, the Professors are Great, My fellow Classmates are so nice. I love being Challenged in every aspect; from course work to spiritually. I feel like if someone wants to go to a College that is Faith Based then def. check out Liberty. They push you in every way to go above and beyond what you thought you were capable of! Def love this school and recommend it to all my friends and family! Such a Blessing and teaches you so much about yourself and your walk with God in each class!
2nd Year Female -- Class 2016
Useful Schoolwork: A+, Education Quality: A

WHy I mark negative I will give credit

Jun 05 2014Criminal
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
WHy I mark negative I will give credit to the three professors that actually took the time to answer questions, be available even long distance, and made you feel as you was party of a class and the learning aspect was way higher. The others would not return emails and God forbid that you have devoloped your own ideas that went against theirs because your grade will reflect it.

I urge caution when attending this school, they put on a good front but that is nothing but a cover. And if you do go and then decide to go on to another school for your Masters DO NOT metioned this I still have not received my degree and when I called them they just dont understand why, and the response to the email was a form reply. WHAT A JOKE. Also be very carefull when using finacial aid through here it is a nightmare and one of the reasons I am switching schools for my Masters. Good luck

3rd Year Male -- Class 2014