StudentsReview :: Liberty University - Comments and Student Experiences

Colorado Christian University -- Lakewood, CO

Liberty University

Just take the technical

Dec 15 2013Business - Management and Administration
Just take the technical things learned and apply it to the operational systems. Take the servant leadership learned and apply it to the most valuable resource in any industry which is the people.
Starting Job: Project Manager Preparedness: B- Reputation: A+

I am 43 years old and am attempting

Jan 19 2014Business - Management and Administration
I am 43 years old and am attempting my first online distance course. I quickly realized that after only hours into the class that I was going to have a very, very difficult time with their online format. I have never taken a computer class in my life. Less than one day into the class I attempted to withdraw but was told that there would be a $351.25 penalty in doing so. As you can imagine, I was completely stunned that a Christian University would have this kind of policy. They quickly escorted me to the fine print section which I was not interested in. The reason I could not withdraw without a penalty was because I already "participated " in the class by leaving an introduction of myself, where I'm from, ect. to the class (which had nothing to do with the class that I was taking). I am a military veteran so I wanted to take advantage of every discount that I could. One of those discounts was a book voucher for $100. I was told that this voucher number would be available after 3-5 days so instead of spending $208 on my books (which in itself is outrageous) I though $108 sounded much better so I decided to wait. That 5th day has come and gone and still no book voucher. I am a week into the class now and still have no book. I will withdraw from this class and eat the $351 but I can tell you one thing. If Jesus himself was in charge of admissions, I would have my $351 dollars back. This is not a Christian college. Its all about money. I may not be the best Christian out there but I would rather be a struggling Christian willing to admit my shortcomings that a hypocritical Christian. Shame on Liberty University. Jerry Falwell would be ashamed of what this place has turned into. If anyone would like to read my complete correspondence feel free to email me at STAY AWAY FROM THIS COLLEGE!!!

I hope this will be a helpful and

Dec 07 2013Business - Management and Administration
I hope this will be a helpful and objective review. I am a career military working adult and found the online program to be the best choice for my individual situation. Many of my previous military schools were accepted via the ACE and I also CLEP'd out some classes and transferred in some credits from a previous school. I travel frequently and enjoyed the convenience of being being able to take my classes whenever and wherever I could. The blackboard format was easy to navigate once I went through my first couple of classes. I found that most of the classes followed a similar format with required readings, assignments, forums, papers, and tests.

Being an online student I had some professors who were resident at Liberty and some who were not. To be honest, some of the resident professors IMO may have been overwhelmed with the workload of teaching several resident students all day while simultaneously dealing with an online class. But I have also had some outstanding resident professors as well.

One thing I encountered being an online student was having a "new" professor or a new PhD who is of the opinion that they need to prove a point. By that I mean there were a couple who piled on so much required reading and homework that I spent nearly every waking moment reading and doing coursework. However, This was not the norm and happened in about two classes that I remember. Most of my classes were appropriately challenging in the content of the curriculum and required work. At the end of each class the student fills out a course critique and teacher evaluation.

Liberty is a Christian university. For those who may not have a Christian worldview, I would encourage them to ask any questions they may have with admissions. I personally enjoyed the environment and found most of my professors to be mature, positive and encouraging individuals, genuinely interested in facilitating the success of their students.

Unlike some of the other posts, I never encountered any problems registering and paying for classes. I always called the admissions directly and then went through financial check-in online to pay.

The online library was helpful as was the tutor.com website. Both are available to the online student and a great resource.

hope this helps.