StudentsReview ™ :: Liberty University - Comments and Student Experiences

Colorado Christian University -- Lakewood, CO

Liberty University

I came to Liberty University as a transfer

May 01 2013Nursing
I came to Liberty University as a transfer student. When I toured the school they gave off a very different impression than what it is actually like to attend school here. Students are very tightly monitered and don't have much freedom. Liberty tries very hard to impress their extremely conservative values on all of the students. A lot of the staff insists that drinking alcohol (even if you don't get drunk) is a sin. Many of the students here have been very sheltered their whole life and are closed minded. I was already a Christian when I came to school here, but most of these people make me not want to be a Christian! For people who say they are very loving - there sure is a lot of judgement and condemnation of things they are unfamiliar or uncomfortable with. I also had attended a very academically smart university before coming here, and I am so bored out of my mind with the level of academics. I don't even have to study and I get A's. I would LOVE TO TRANSFER OUT OF HERE, but I only have a year and a half of school left so it would cost me more money to transfer. I miss regular college.
1st Year Female -- Class 2014
Friendliness: A, Social Life: F

I graduated from Liberty in 2010, and I

Apr 24 2013Religion/Religious
I graduated from Liberty in 2010, and I really enjoyed my experience there. It has a great campus (minus the Library, but a new one is getting built), great professors, and fun student life. They do uphold a higher moral standard than most schools, so you won't really find a lot parties or anything of that sort. Being in the blue ridge mountains, there are quite a bit of outdoor activities, although the city really shuts down at night. Despite that, it is usually pretty easy to find something to do on campus. If you are looking for a fun college experience that is free of drugs, drinking, and partying, then Liberty is a good place to check out.
4th Year Male -- Class 2010
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Surrounding City: C+

Will graduate in a month with my BS

Apr 11 2013Public Health
Will graduate in a month with my BS in Interdisciplinary Studies : health sciences & christian counseling. 2 years spent as a resident, last 2 years spent as an online student. The good part is that the classes are interesting, comprehensive & teach you how to apply biblical understandings to everyday life. The bad, some ( alot) of students can be close-minded or holier than thou. There are alot of activities, the campus is always jumping, they have different emphasis weeks ( my favorite was missions week & when Clayton King would visit.) The professor & academic advisor were genuine & approachable and helped me figure out the best major for me. I had a great time.
4th Year Female -- Class 2013