StudentsReview :: Liberty University - Comments and Student Experiences

Colorado Christian University -- Lakewood, CO

Liberty University

Dec 15 2013Business - Management and Administration
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Just take the technical things learned and apply it to the operational systems. Take the servant leadership learned and apply it to the most valuable resource in any industry which is the people.
Starting Job: Project Manager Preparedness: B- Reputation: A+
Dec 07 2013Business - Management and Administration
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I hope this will be a helpful and objective review. I am a career military working adult and found the online program to be the best choice for my individual situation. Many of my previous military schools were accepted via the ACE and I also CLEP'd out some classes and transferred in some credits from a previous school. I travel frequently and enjoyed the convenience of being being able to take my classes whenever and wherever I could. The blackboard format was easy to navigate once I went through my first couple of classes. I found that most of the classes followed a similar format with required readings, assignments, forums, papers, and tests.

Being an online student I had some professors who were resident at Liberty and some who were not. To be honest, some of the resident professors IMO may have been overwhelmed with the workload of teaching several resident students all day while simultaneously dealing with an online class. But I have also had some outstanding resident professors as well.

One thing I encountered being an online student was having a "new" professor or a new PhD who is of the opinion that they need to prove a point. By that I mean there were a couple who piled on so much required reading and homework that I spent nearly every waking moment reading and doing coursework. However, This was not the norm and happened in about two classes that I remember. Most of my classes were appropriately challenging in the content of the curriculum and required work. At the end of each class the student fills out a course critique and teacher evaluation.

Liberty is a Christian university. For those who may not have a Christian worldview, I would encourage them to ask any questions they may have with admissions. I personally enjoyed the environment and found most of my professors to be mature, positive and encouraging individuals, genuinely interested in facilitating the success of their students.

Unlike some of the other posts, I never encountered any problems registering and paying for classes. I always called the admissions directly and then went through financial check-in online to pay.

The online library was helpful as was the tutor.com website. Both are available to the online student and a great resource.

hope this helps.

4th Year Male -- Class 2013
Individual Value: A+, Collaboration/Competitive: B
Dec 03 2013Unknown
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
The academics are great once your done with GE, the General Education is awful. The students are Toxic, not all but a lot. They have no respect for peoples opinions. Very nice, until you do something they do not agree with, than they just call you out as if you were Hitler.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2015