StudentsReview :: Liberty University - Comments and Student Experiences

Colorado Christian University -- Lakewood, CO

Liberty University

I was neutral about this school in theQuite BrightPsychology
I was neutral about this school in the beginning, even though I was subjected to courses irrelevant to my degree and the tests and assignments (I felt) were not graded according to the material. But when my account was audited, I experienced a different side of this school. I was forced to submit my tax information not once but twice and it was still never filed. What happened to it? I don't know, but I sure do hope I am not in danger of identity theft. Furthermore, I went so far as to contact the dean about the problems that ensued as a result, and I still have not heard back from him. And despite the fact that I sent many emails and made many calls to academic advising asking them not to contact me unless it is to address the problem, I still receive daily emails asking me to register for classes.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2015
Friendliness: B+, Scholastic Success: F
Worst decision I've everBusiness - Management and Administration
Worst decision I've ever made was choosing to attend liberty university i strongly urge others to stay clear of liberty, lynchburg and Virginia in general.
I absolutely love this school.BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
I absolutely love this school. If you're looking for a unique environment where there's plenty of room to get involved and meet people, then this school is suitable for you. There are people from all over the world here, so it's really cool to meet new people. I have found a tight-knit friend group here, and they really have made my college experience very fun.

The course work is quality. In my field (business), it's not over-bearing, but it does take time. My experience with professors has been pleasant as they seem to genuinely love the students and value their role in the university.

I'm impressed that this school has D1 sports. The sports programs are up-and-coming, but not completely the best of the best. I enjoy convocation as there are a lot of celebrities and inspirational speakers who deliver positive messages. The school has grown this year as the new library opened and there is more space to hang out or do homework. There's a lot to do on and off campus, so my weekends have been enjoyable here. The town has a lot of different food options, and I love the dollar theatre especially. The local mall is nice, but not great. However, there are enough shopping locations around that it's not a big issue.

2nd Year Female -- Class 2015