StudentsReview ™ :: Liberty University - Comments and Student Experiences

Colorado Christian University -- Lakewood, CO

Liberty University

Over Priced, Non-Professional, A waste of time!!!

Feb 12 2013Kinesiology
Over Priced, Non-Professional, A waste of time!!!
I am 80K$ + in debt, have a degree that wasn't accredited even after I was promised it was, have no chances of getting into a grad school without completing a 2nd undergrad degree, work a job that is no where near related to my degree, and wanting my time and money back! At LU, you are either in crowd or out crowd - Just like high school really... Staff bully you into making choices and then lie to you if you don't agree, if you aren't one of the IN students you have no hopes of getting anyway. Staff and faculty pick their favorites and play that hand. I regret to say that my time to LU was miserable (I felt like a loner and was treated as such) I worked my tail off and got nearly straight A's (graduated top of my class in High School) and still got no where except deep in debt, living job to job (sometimes two at the same time) trying to push a useless degree, and wanting my money and time back so I could have picked a better school.
Starting Job: Rehab Aide - CentraHealth Preparedness: F Reputation: F

I was a distant learning student and I

Dec 20 2012Unknown
I was a distant learning student and I spent the last 2.5 years attending courses at Liberty University. Yes the general attitude is Christian-conservative but I interacted through the discussion boards with some folks that were quite liberal on the point under discussion.

For the most part the faculty are quite competent in their fields of instruction and only on one occassion did I cross paths with a very arrogant professor who just so happened to teach one of the required religion courses. Aside from this Prince, the experience was pleasant.

The courses are comprehensive and vary in complexity. I pursued a degree in Criminal Justice which is the career path that I have been following for the last 22 years. Given my exposure to the mechanics of the field, I was prepared for much of the material that was being instructed but I did have the opportunity to learn new information and expand on my previous knowledge.

During my time there I experienced only one minor glitch with scheduling courses but the staff was highly responsive to my complaint and corrected it immediately. Financial Aid was flawless.Overall Liberty is a great institution but I would recommend that potential applicants have a basic understanding of Christianity and are familiar with Scripture.

2nd Year Male -- Class 2012
Education Quality: A, Individual Value: F

I went to Liberty for the first semester

Dec 13 2012Religion/Religious
I went to Liberty for the first semester and as a Christian who happens to be Black and Democratic i felt very divided from the majority of the school. it is also really segregrated as each race pretty much stays with each other. i realized very quickly that there was no night life unless you hang with your same sex friends in the dorm or walk to wal mart. also, i come from a strict family, and i have never been told that i wasn't allowed to watch a rated r movie. that is just ridiculous, as an adult, i know what to watch and it's not going to change the fact that im a christian. i also didn't like feelin uncomfortable for holding a guys hand or kissing them because apparently, thats not christian behavior. the people are judgemental and border line racist. As an african american, my experience was extremely different but if you are a white, conservative republican, you will seriously love it. Liberty has a great mission, but it doesn't fit the mold for everyone.
1st Year Female -- Class 2016