StudentsReview :: Liberty University - Comments and Student Experiences

Colorado Christian University -- Lakewood, CO

Liberty University

I know that when my current empolyer was

Apr 01 2013Psychology
I know that when my current empolyer was looking at my Resume she asked me about Liberty and had heard good things about students who went there. It hasn't really hurt me, I think most employers now are just looking to see what education you have. I went to Nursing School before I finished my Bachelor's. I am in the Christian Counseling Program at LUO. I have an associates in Psychology from Liberty as an undergrad resident =)
Starting Job: Mental Health Tech- Eastern Hospital Preparedness: B- Reputation: B-

Over Priced, Non-Professional, A waste of time!!!

Feb 12 2013Kinesiology
Over Priced, Non-Professional, A waste of time!!!
I am 80K$ + in debt, have a degree that wasn't accredited even after I was promised it was, have no chances of getting into a grad school without completing a 2nd undergrad degree, work a job that is no where near related to my degree, and wanting my time and money back! At LU, you are either in crowd or out crowd - Just like high school really... Staff bully you into making choices and then lie to you if you don't agree, if you aren't one of the IN students you have no hopes of getting anyway. Staff and faculty pick their favorites and play that hand. I regret to say that my time to LU was miserable (I felt like a loner and was treated as such) I worked my tail off and got nearly straight A's (graduated top of my class in High School) and still got no where except deep in debt, living job to job (sometimes two at the same time) trying to push a useless degree, and wanting my money and time back so I could have picked a better school.
Starting Job: Rehab Aide - CentraHealth Preparedness: F Reputation: F

I have attended Liberty for four years now

Apr 01 2013Psychology
I have attended Liberty for four years now. 2 of those years I spent as a Resident Student living oncampus, currently I am using the LU online program to finish up my degree due to my working nights fulltime. I had a postive experiance & a negative experience. Like any college, you have cliques and you have people who think they are holier than thou. The student leadership ( RA,SLD,Prayer Leader) is GREATLY lacking & shows alot of favoritism. On my one hall we had a RA who transferred her sister from another dorm so she could be a prayer leader on our hall, just as an example. I hated living on campus. The brother-sister dorm was a joke. I did however think the professors were amazing, they were willing to work with me when my mother-in law committed suicide during finals week and were completely understanding. The Nursing Program was REALLY great, they had an awesome lab & clinical sites ( I was a nursing major before I decided I am not that big of a fan of blood. C'est la vie.) Overall I was pleased with the school. The student body was not very welcoming, however the friends I did make there I have been friends with for 4 years ( even though we are all in different states now , alumnis or graduating.)
4th Year Female -- Class 2012