StudentsReview ™ :: Liberty University - Comments and Student Experiences

Colorado Christian University -- Lakewood, CO

Liberty University

I was neutral about this school in the

Apr 07 2014Psychology
I was neutral about this school in the beginning, even though I was subjected to courses irrelevant to my degree and the tests and assignments (I felt) were not graded according to the material. But when my account was audited, I experienced a different side of this school. I was forced to submit my tax information not once but twice and it was still never filed. What happened to it? I don't know, but I sure do hope I am not in danger of identity theft. Furthermore, I went so far as to contact the dean about the problems that ensued as a result, and I still have not heard back from him. And despite the fact that I sent many emails and made many calls to academic advising asking them not to contact me unless it is to address the problem, I still receive daily emails asking me to register for classes.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2015
Friendliness: B+, Scholastic Success: F

Worst decision I've ever

Apr 03 2014Business - Management and Administration
Worst decision I've ever made was choosing to attend liberty university i strongly urge others to stay clear of liberty, lynchburg and Virginia in general.

I am 43 years old and am attempting

Jan 19 2014Business - Management and Administration
I am 43 years old and am attempting my first online distance course. I quickly realized that after only hours into the class that I was going to have a very, very difficult time with their online format. I have never taken a computer class in my life. Less than one day into the class I attempted to withdraw but was told that there would be a $351.25 penalty in doing so. As you can imagine, I was completely stunned that a Christian University would have this kind of policy. They quickly escorted me to the fine print section which I was not interested in. The reason I could not withdraw without a penalty was because I already "participated " in the class by leaving an introduction of myself, where I'm from, ect. to the class (which had nothing to do with the class that I was taking). I am a military veteran so I wanted to take advantage of every discount that I could. One of those discounts was a book voucher for $100. I was told that this voucher number would be available after 3-5 days so instead of spending $208 on my books (which in itself is outrageous) I though $108 sounded much better so I decided to wait. That 5th day has come and gone and still no book voucher. I am a week into the class now and still have no book. I will withdraw from this class and eat the $351 but I can tell you one thing. If Jesus himself was in charge of admissions, I would have my $351 dollars back. This is not a Christian college. Its all about money. I may not be the best Christian out there but I would rather be a struggling Christian willing to admit my shortcomings that a hypocritical Christian. Shame on Liberty University. Jerry Falwell would be ashamed of what this place has turned into. If anyone would like to read my complete correspondence feel free to email me at STAY AWAY FROM THIS COLLEGE!!!