StudentsReview :: Liberty University - Comments and Student Experiences

Colorado Christian University -- Lakewood, CO

Liberty University

Sep 26 2014Other

Slowest internet I have ever used

3rd Year Male -- Class 2015
Perceived Campus Safety: A+, Surrounding City: D-

I will admit up front that I am

Oct 28 2014Unknown
I will admit up front that I am a little angry and that is the purpose of my review. I wanted to proceed with a Doctorate program and my Management degree does not qualify me for it. The person that called was very nice and professional. But the end result is not acceptable that your programs are so rigid that you must follow a certain path forward to achieve higher degrees. I will look elsewhere.
Starting Job: Regional Program Mgr Preparedness: B Reputation: D+

Liberty is suppose to be a Christian institute,

Aug 22 2014Psychology
Liberty is suppose to be a Christian institute, but it is anything but that. The Biblical Counseling aspect was wonderful, I found the professors were accommodating, very helpful, understanding and willing to listen. However, when I entered the psychology portion of my degree, things changed completely. The professors were clearly there for only one purpose and that was to make sure that you stayed busy, were attending classes, (so that they could get paid) and facilitating (not educating you) an online environment. There was no teaching, no instruction other than poor mouth Power Point presentations and professors who were obviously too rushed to even seem as if they were interested in providing and educational environment.

In one of the lectures presented, the professor had the audacity to (right in the middle of the video) say "I'm sorry can we do another take" and then started his presentation all over again!? Several of the Power Point lectures (you could definitely see) were conducted by a student and not a professor. You were given 90 page reading assignments, on top of all the other busy work to be done; and tested on the 90 pages in an exam with no study guide, or idea of what the exam was going to cover. Then you were told you can use notes and open books if you wanted. Who has time to rifle through notes, 90 pages of text, and Power Point print outs with 25 - 50 questions in 90 minutes with not a clue as to what material is going to be covered most in the exam. You would have to literally remember all of the textbook reading verbatim, or have others assist you to make a decent grade? And to graduate with honors if you get that far...you will need at least a 3.60 GPA minimum. What happen to a 3.50 GPA? Liberty University is not at all what I was expecting in a University; and especially a Christian University. It is just like many other online schools, and diploma mills just looking for a warm but to fill a seat or sit in front of a monitor and say I am in college. If you are looking to be educated and not self educated - Liberty is not the place. But if you just want to say that you went to college and can undergo the rigors of Liberty...have at it. I will be doing my undergraduate studies elsewhere!