StudentsReview :: Liberty University - Comments and Student Experiences

Colorado Christian University -- Lakewood, CO

Liberty University

I love Liberty, the Professors are Great, My

Jul 03 2014Criminal
I love Liberty, the Professors are Great, My fellow Classmates are so nice. I love being Challenged in every aspect; from course work to spiritually. I feel like if someone wants to go to a College that is Faith Based then def. check out Liberty. They push you in every way to go above and beyond what you thought you were capable of! Def love this school and recommend it to all my friends and family! Such a Blessing and teaches you so much about yourself and your walk with God in each class!
2nd Year Female -- Class 2016
Useful Schoolwork: A+, Education Quality: A

I absolutely love this school

Feb 04 2014Business - Management and Administration
I absolutely love this school. If you're looking for a unique environment where there's plenty of room to get involved and meet people, then this school is suitable for you. There are people from all over the world here, so it's really cool to meet new people. I have found a tight-knit friend group here, and they really have made my college experience very fun.

The course work is quality. In my field (business), it's not over-bearing, but it does take time. My experience with professors has been pleasant as they seem to genuinely love the students and value their role in the university.

I'm impressed that this school has D1 sports. The sports programs are up-and-coming, but not completely the best of the best. I enjoy convocation as there are a lot of celebrities and inspirational speakers who deliver positive messages. The school has grown this year as the new library opened and there is more space to hang out or do homework. There's a lot to do on and off campus, so my weekends have been enjoyable here. The town has a lot of different food options, and I love the dollar theatre especially. The local mall is nice, but not great. However, there are enough shopping locations around that it's not a big issue.

2nd Year Female -- Class 2015
Education Quality: A+, Collaboration/Competitive: B+

I was a transfer student with over 80

Aug 29 2014Psychology
I was a transfer student with over 80 hours and I had an associates degree. I have always been a good student and I have even gotten on the dean's list, so I am no slacker. I was accepted at another 4 year college prior to coming to Liberty and I really wish I went there, not Liberty. I heard before I came here that they gave you no support. Yet, I wanted to pursue a Christian College. Well I was really excited at first, that was before I got in the network.

When I first visited, a young 20 year old helped me with classes and I don't feel like I made the right decision on the major either. I think that more experienced people should be working in guidance. On campus classes might have been better if I went with Liberty, but Online was and still is awful. You buy books at an expensive price and they give you assignments. You are totally on your own. There is no teacher support, in fact you never hear from them unless it is once a week to tell you to do your work and offer encouragement. Sometimes you can email them and they never return the messages in the time needed. I have only heard from my assigned guidance counselor maybe twice and that was when I emailed him to ask about graduation.

The tests are tricky and I have even had some answers counted wrong that were right. One teacher corrected some for me. Many classes do not give study guides either. The Philosophy class is awful and it is the worst class I ever took out of 4 other colleges. And I was required to take it. I have gotten so burned out with all the reading on my own, discussion boards, blogs and papers due. I just feel like I am so tired and getting no support from teachers. I have even asked teachers to explain things and they just say to read the syllabus. I did... still don't understand. That is the reason why I am asking. Oh! And Liberty had me with 2 addresses!!! One in Africa. I have never lived out of state, let alone out of the country. My drive to continue is so low right now and I really wish I went to a College with more support and on campus teaching. I don't feel like I am getting a quality education. I just think money spent has been useless. I agree with all the negative comments here. If you want a quality education, don't do Liberty Online. I have experienced pretty much all of the complaints mentioned here.

2nd Year Female -- Class 2014