StudentsReview :: Liberty University - Comments and Student Experiences

Colorado Christian University -- Lakewood, CO

Liberty University

On so many levels, I thank God for

Nov 18 2013Business - Management and Administration
On so many levels, I thank God for Liberty University! For my Associates degree, I attended three different secular universities where I was extremely disheartened by their overall worldview, curriculums, and staff. Simply trying to enroll for classes was a nightmare, and for the most part, I felt like a number and not a person. Interactions were a constant uphill battle that left me discouraged at best. Taking my education desires and concerns to God in prayer, thankfully, He guided straight to Liberty University, where I eventually received both an Undergraduate and a Graduate degree. Throughout my experience while attending Liberty University, I was treated the way God views me ? as a valuable human being.

In my humble opinion, Liberty University is absolutely the Best of the Best in universities worldwide! From day one of inquiry to post graduation from graduate school, Liberty University?s Christian worldview, outstanding curriculums, and the entire staff have thoroughly nurtured my mind and soul. I walked away on fire for the Lord, with a genuine desire to make a difference in the world for Him!

The LU curriculums both (undergrad and graduate) are loaded with all the essential tools needed to succeed both academically and professionally. I will forever be grateful for the staff that makes up LU and LUO, who time and again, proved to be extremely humble, respectable, attentive, personable, caring, considerate, compassionate, encouraging, and knowledgeable. In stark contrast to the secular universities I attended, I witnessed LU/LUO staff members master a high degree of integrity that remained intact and above reproach in every situation. My professors made a very positive and lasting impact on my life. I would encourage anyone looking for a top university today to seriously consider Liberty University. My only regret is that I did not discover LU any earlier than I did.

Preparedness: A+ Reputation: A+

Liberty is not a good fit for everyone

Oct 06 2013PreDent and Dentistry
Liberty is not a good fit for everyone. They are very up front about it. If you want a christian education it is great. The book "An unlikely disciple" by Kevin Roose is excellent. A liberal Brown university student gives an unbiased look from the inside about student life and the academics. He was surprised at some of the difficulty of the course work. The school is growing and becoming more competitive.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2015
Individual Value: A+, Collaboration/Competitive: B

I hope this will be a helpful and

Dec 07 2013Business - Management and Administration
I hope this will be a helpful and objective review. I am a career military working adult and found the online program to be the best choice for my individual situation. Many of my previous military schools were accepted via the ACE and I also CLEP'd out some classes and transferred in some credits from a previous school. I travel frequently and enjoyed the convenience of being being able to take my classes whenever and wherever I could. The blackboard format was easy to navigate once I went through my first couple of classes. I found that most of the classes followed a similar format with required readings, assignments, forums, papers, and tests.

Being an online student I had some professors who were resident at Liberty and some who were not. To be honest, some of the resident professors IMO may have been overwhelmed with the workload of teaching several resident students all day while simultaneously dealing with an online class. But I have also had some outstanding resident professors as well.

One thing I encountered being an online student was having a "new" professor or a new PhD who is of the opinion that they need to prove a point. By that I mean there were a couple who piled on so much required reading and homework that I spent nearly every waking moment reading and doing coursework. However, This was not the norm and happened in about two classes that I remember. Most of my classes were appropriately challenging in the content of the curriculum and required work. At the end of each class the student fills out a course critique and teacher evaluation.

Liberty is a Christian university. For those who may not have a Christian worldview, I would encourage them to ask any questions they may have with admissions. I personally enjoyed the environment and found most of my professors to be mature, positive and encouraging individuals, genuinely interested in facilitating the success of their students.

Unlike some of the other posts, I never encountered any problems registering and paying for classes. I always called the admissions directly and then went through financial check-in online to pay.

The online library was helpful as was the tutor.com website. Both are available to the online student and a great resource.

hope this helps.