StudentsReview ™ :: Marymount University - Comments and Student Experiences

California State Polytechnic University -- Pomona, CA
Fordham University -- Bronx, NY

Marymount University

I am grateful to be going to school

Jan 25 2014Nursing
I am grateful to be going to school to get my degree. I just have no idea where they put the money we give them for tuition because everything is outdated . I'm giving you 50,000+ for my program, but you can't provide me with a spacious library or a decent gym? Also, there's no student interaction or networking. I graduated with my first bachelors degree at a public school where I paid much less and the quality was much better. Marymount, invest in your school and students.
1st Year Female -- Class 2015
Education Quality: A, Innovation: F

Dr. Guss and Dr

Nov 06 2013Other
Dr. Guss and Dr. Carney are the worst ever. I met with them 4 weeks before registration open up. They did not do their job and now I have to be here another whole year. PEOPLE THIS ISNT AN INEXPENSIVE SCHOOL...WORST PEOPLE EVER. IF YOU CANT HANDLE YOUR JOB YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT. THE SCHOOL IS CRAP AND YES I AM PISSED OFF AT THE FACT THAT THESE TWO INEPT PEOPLE CANNOT DO THEIR JOB RIGHT. PLUS THEY MESSED UP MY TRANSCRIPTS, AND I WAS NOT ABLE TO GET INTO ANOTHER SCHOOL. ASSES!!!!

I am currently a Junior at MU! and

Apr 14 2013Business - Management and Administration
I am currently a Junior at MU! and I gotta say that this is a very sincere review. Marymount is the type of school that either you come here and you love it or either you come here and you hate it for a variety of factors. Firt f all the first year at marymount as an undergrad is finding your niche and if you find that quick then you will most likely feel more at home. I guess the key success in enjoying your stay at this wonderful school is also getting involved. If you don't get involved you will not meet as much people and you will not find people who have your same interests. The campus has undergone many changes since Dr.Shank became the new president. (if you are an alumni reading this, Bernie's will be renovated into a wings dining concept, the chapel will have stained glass windows, and gailhac will now have each major separated by floors. Even if the school has been here since the 1950's major investment is being put towards renovations and each department. The cafeteria food is Sodexo food, it is decent but we have a new chef that is mixing things up for us. The coursework is not as easy as you would think, and admissions is getting more strict with GPA's.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2014