StudentsReview :: Old Dominion University - Comments and Student Experiences

Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University -- Blacksburg, VA

Old Dominion University

I think I came

Nov 03 2014Sociology
I think I came into school expecting this great experience like you see on movies and stuff like that and to me my experience was nothing like that. I think if you're a very outgoing person you'll love it here, but if you're shy its hard to get used to being here.
1st Year Female -- Class 2018
Campus Aesthetics: A, Individual Value: F

Great teachers, Crime location, always under construction

Nov 20 2014Communications
Great teachers, Crime location, always under construction. Not the prettiest scene. The food for the most part is very unhealthy. I do not recommend living around the campus. Unsafe, had numerous break ins. Weekends can be fun or very boring. Hit or miss. I would recommend the University for those majoring in Engineering but not any other subject. Also the majority of the staff is ignorant and always gives the wrong information. Happened to me three times. Lost money.
1st Year Male -- Class 2017
Useful Schoolwork: B+, Faculty Accessibility: F

As a distance learning student, I feel that

Aug 22 2014Finance
As a distance learning student, I feel that the curriculum is as challenging and rewarding as any school of this caliber. The distance learning program could be very convenient for out of state students if not for the administrative policies of this university. In the last year and a half, I have had three advisors. The main campus treats distance learning students as if they don't exist. Course availability is limited (at best) for distance students, despite this being the most profitable area of income for the university. If they are going to offer this program, they should support it with administration.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2015