StudentsReview :: Roanoke College - Comments and Student Experiences

Saint Mary's College of California -- Moraga, CA

Roanoke College

They just hired Thomas Rambo for campus security

Aug 04 2014Chemical Engineering
They just hired Thomas Rambo for campus security from Susquehanna University, whom I understatnd to be involved in a current law-suit regarding the subversion of students rights and protections against search and sizer as afforded by the US Constitution.....We better be careful with this guy...better show him the rules quickly. No Yankee need come here to show us the "Ropes"
3rd Year Female -- Class 2015
Perceived Campus Safety: A+, Useful Schoolwork: F

If you are a minority I would not

Aug 15 2014Business - Management and Administration
If you are a minority I would not suggest coming to Roanoke College. The majority of the student body are very close-minded and I do feel that it is very difficult finding your place if you do not fit the mold of being white and upperclass. The teachers here are very helpful and the facilities are nice, but if you are a minority you will have a better experience and more opportunities at a different college.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2016
Education Quality: B+, Faculty Accessibility: F

I can't say that Roanoke College academic contributed

Jul 25 2014Psychology
I can't say that Roanoke College academic contributed to my success in the real world. But, I can say that the social skills and people I met at Roanoke greatly shaped & prepared me for the real world. Roanoke can be a very difficult school to adjust to. People at this school are not entirely friendly or open. I would like to advise current freshman & sophomores on this site who want to transfer to give it another year.... it gets better. The people get better, the parties get better - everything gets better. College in general the first two years aren't normally easy for anyone. I hated my freshman year at Roanoke. It was horrible. But, then it got better. Greek life is HUGE at Roanoke and I can safely say that if you aren't & don't want to be affiliated with some form of Greek Life- then this might not be the best college for you to attend. Pretty much the entire social scene revolves around Greek life & athletic teams.
Starting Job: Event Coordinator for Cottages & Gardens Publications Preparedness: B Reputation: D+