StudentsReview ™ :: Randolph Macon College - Comments and Student Experiences

University of Virginia -- Charlottesville, VA

Randolph Macon College

The city of Richmond

Jul 14 2013Political Science
The city of Richmond is a couple minutes away but it makes ashland look small. I love RMC very much. The classes are hard, but it makes you appreciate it that much more.
1st Year Male -- Class 2016
Education Quality: A+, Surrounding City: C

This school has been great for me

Feb 15 2012Psychology
This school has been great for me. I wanted smaller classes and I wanted to get to know people on campus. This school has a January term and summer school. With my AP classes from HS, I will graduate early (big $$ savings). My friends went to state schools in Virginia and will be lucky to get out in four years. Some people bashed this school online, but they are not here anymore. The place has changed. The administration does not tolerate drugs, but is fair to students. They look out for the students who really want to get an education and go on to grad school...like me. Ashland is a little boring, but there is stuff to do on campus every night. Some of the fraternity guys can be arrogant and rude, but you can avoid their houses and still have fun on campus. A couple of faculty members can be a little arrogant, which is a shame because this is a good place otherwise. They have a whole bunch of new buildings being built right now. I won't get to experience them...but the designs are really cool. They have a great leadership program and the food is not bad. I recommend that people check it out. I would do it all again if I had to.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2012
Education Quality: A+, Collaboration/Competitive: C

I recommend, if you are looking for a

Nov 14 2011Biology
I recommend, if you are looking for a school with a good reputation for social success and not necessarily academic success, go to R-MC. Every Thursday-Sunday there are parties all on frat row, however if you're the more studious type, there really isn't much for you except the poorly stocked library. Ashland is a small country town where everything closes at dusk and if you want a good nightlife, you are a good 20 minute drive from anything. The sororities on campus are mediocre at best, as well as the frats. I have been in one of the sororities so I can tell you for a fact that they all are not what they appear to be. Also, and I'm not quite sure why, but all the girls up here are total sluts. I guarantee you, if you get with one girl, she has already been with an entire sports team. Its ridiculous. But anyways, like I said, if you're into the party scene, which is fine, but be prepared, because R-MC doesn't joke about the 3 strikes policy.
1st Year Female -- Class 2015