StudentsReview :: Regent University - Comments and Student Experiences

Regent University

This University started out so well

Oct 24 2014Political Science
This University started out so well. There were opportunities for students to grow in their fields and talk to professors in order to gain a better understanding of the topics. However, this has changed slowly, but noticeably, over the past few years. The policies of the administration is to disregard student opinion in favor of unilateral decisions on their behalf. There is no consulting the student body, and there is no functioning student government after the administration dissolved it two years ago. They treat friendly professors poorly and fire them without warning. They hire professors who are distant, unhelpful, and overall unconcerned about the students they teach. It is almost impossible to learn unless you have one of the four or five good professors in the university who are actually helpful and care about students. But those professors are regularly getting in trouble with the administration for being "too friendly" with students when they make themselves available for academic help. Overall, this school has gone downhill very fast.
4th Year Female -- Class 2015
Useful Schoolwork: A, Scholastic Success: F

I went to this university and then became

May 13 2014Other
I went to this university and then became extremely ill. The university promised me solutions then did not fallow through. I could not pay them right away they gave me less then 24 hrs to leave (i live 8 hrs away) and charged me for "living on campus" because I didn't have the money to ship my stuff all at once, they basically robbed me (and others I've talked to)more then once . They lose papers and assignments as well as things like housing forms and payments. there is always some "glitch" in the system but they never compensate you for it you always have to pay some fee. My advice to you it is not worth your time or money. If you are looking for a christian university with a christian atmosphere look somewhere else. if you amazed by the housing arrangements don't be they are a HUGE inconvenience. This school will lie right to your face!
1st Year Female -- Class 2016
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Collaboration/Competitive: F

This school is a joke

Oct 24 2014Unknown
This school is a joke. I have had one close professor over the past couple of years who is still affiliated with the school. Everyone else has either been fired arbitrarily or has found it in their best interest to teach at a real school. The one Professor I have connected with is incredibly helpful, but the school has scolded him for being too friendly with his students. Every other Professor is condescending, self-righteous, bigoted, opinionated, closeminded, and hypocritical.

There is no social life unless you like to worship Jesus day and night, which I do not. The student-led extracurricular are staring to be dictated over by some of the professors. There is low attendance in these activities and, as a result, little gets done.

The people here are some of the most judgmental, hypocritical, bigoted assholes I have ever met. In high school, I was the class angel. Now, being an even better person than I was back then, I am labeled as a druggie, lesbian, asexual, communist, angry atheist, someone who is super violent, hates everyone and everything, drunk, and a godless heathen. None of these things are true, but people are too closedminded to hear what I have to see. I am being told I am going to prison or hell on almost a daily basis. I have close friends who have almost been kicked out for bullshit rape and bullying cases that have no basis in reality.

If you EVER come here without a closed minded, conservative christian mindset, you will come to hate religion more than you ever thought possible. I know I have. This is where ignorant prudes come to congregate. Come here and regret it.

2nd Year Female -- Class 2016