StudentsReview :: Regent University - Comments and Student Experiences

Regent University

I graduated with a bachelor from Regent inBrightPsychology
I graduated with a bachelor from Regent in 2015. I absolutely do not recommend Regent University.
ACADEMICS: Academically Regent is a very rigorous school. I spent MANY hours on my school work. I learned a tremendous amount of information in the four years I spent at Regent. It is worth noting that Regent?s online classes are excellent. They are challenging and very well laid out.

COST: Regent is not as expensive as most Christian schools. During the 2014-2015 school years tuition was $395 per credit hour, plus a $250 technology fee per semester.

FROM A CHRISTIAN PERSPECTIVE: Here is where I offer a very strong warning! There is too much deception in the modern church to let your guard down. Regent does not stand on solid biblical grounds. This school is full of New Age teachings and practices. Allow me to elaborate and clarify. If you watch CBN you will notice that Pat embraces all forms of false teachers. For example, Bill Johnson, who begun the School of Supernatural Ministries (which goes as far as trying to suck anointing from graves) out of Bethel California is a regular on the 700 club and even hosted a recent 7 day ablaze. I could spend all day giving examples in order to prove that this ministry lacks discernment. But, the point is that it should be of no surprise that the school embraces New Age thinking, such as psychology, contemplative prayer, soaking, meditation, and much more.

Moreover, the school is far from welcoming of biblical discernment. At one point, I wrote a paper questioning whether the Toronto Blessing was a true revival. My paper was not well received. I received low marks and was chastised for my questioning.

In a counseling class, I was taught the importance of using sweat lodges and other Pagan Native American practices in order to help Native Americans heal. Scripture and New Age Paganism oppose one another. In fact, Scripture and Regent teachings tend to oppose one another. I took several youth ministry classes; all the while I learned little about Scripture or teaching Scripture. On the contrary, I learned much about growing a large and fun youth group. The textbooks are all written by Doug Fields, who spent years as Rick Warren?s youth pastor. I am sickened that so many young people go to school to be a pastor or a youth pastor and learn nothing more than how to attract people, have fun, and make everyone feel accepted. Parents please encourage your young people to find a program more biblically based.

Just today, a pastor friend told me a story of a young man, who was walking in solid biblical Truth. However, after majoring in youth ministry at Regent he lost his way. As we surround ourselves with error, our discernment is gradually broke down until we know longer know the difference between biblical truth and error. This is why blinders keep a large portion of the visible church from seeing error. Having a solid understanding of Scripture and living by what Scripture teaches is the only way to discern Truth from error.

Preparedness: B- Reputation: B-
Regents offered a highBrightCommunications
Regents offered a high quality of education and my professors were top notch. I felt well-prepared to enter my career path when I graduated.
Preparedness: F Reputation: F
This school is a joke.Bright
This school is a joke. I have had one close professor over the past couple of years who is still affiliated with the school. Everyone else has either been fired arbitrarily or has found it in their best interest to teach at a real school. The one Professor I have connected with is incredibly helpful, but the school has scolded him for being too friendly with his students. Every other Professor is condescending, self-righteous, bigoted, opinionated, closeminded, and hypocritical.

There is no social life unless you like to worship Jesus day and night, which I do not. The student-led extracurricular are staring to be dictated over by some of the professors. There is low attendance in these activities and, as a result, little gets done.

The people here are some of the most judgmental, hypocritical, bigoted assholes I have ever met. In high school, I was the class angel. Now, being an even better person than I was back then, I am labeled as a druggie, lesbian, asexual, communist, angry atheist, someone who is super violent, hates everyone and everything, drunk, and a godless heathen. None of these things are true, but people are too closedminded to hear what I have to see. I am being told I am going to prison or hell on almost a daily basis. I have close friends who have almost been kicked out for bullshit rape and bullying cases that have no basis in reality.

If you EVER come here without a closed minded, conservative christian mindset, you will come to hate religion more than you ever thought possible. I know I have. This is where ignorant prudes come to congregate. Come here and regret it.

2nd Year Female -- Class 2016
Campus Aesthetics: A, Collaboration/Competitive: F

Shimer College (IL) 1:negative

Kansas City Art Institute (MO) 1:neutral

Grabber School of Hair Design (MO) 1:neutral

Northwestern College - Chicago (IL) 1:negative

Compare RegentSave Regent

According to NPR, the cost of college tuition an... more→