StudentsReview :: Radford University - Comments and Student Experiences

James Madison University -- Harrisonburg, VA
Virginia Commonwealth University -- Richmond, VA
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University -- Blacksburg, VA

Radford University

As a teenager, my grades were all overHistory/Histories (art history/etc.)
As a teenager, my grades were all over the board, but I had very good test scores. I wasn't very assertive about college applications, preferring instead to simply throw out a number of applications to mid-range public schools in VA. I no longer remember why I chose Redford. I intended to transfer after my second year, but ultimately stayed because I met a girl who later became my wife. :)

To be honest, I was insecure about the education I was receiving while I was in college. Most of my high school friends had gone on to UVA, W&M, and similar schools, and I felt Redford didn't measure up.

However, I was very lucky when I graduated to secure the kind of job in DC that attracts recent graduates from many of the best schools in the U.S. When I began working, I was thrown in with kids who had gone to Ivy League schools and the equivalent. While I felt that many of them may have had more 'dynamic' educational experiences than I had, I was confident that the fundamentals of my education were not lacking in any way. Once I discovered that, I left all insecurity about my education behind and never looked back.Bottom line: Virginia is a great state in that there really are no bad schools. Radford's education measures well against any of the competitors.

RADFORD SUCKS!Not so bright
RADFORD SUCKS!
First off let me say that this school is about CASH, CASH, AND MORE CASH.
Not only are they about money, but they could care less about the rise of STD rates and rapes that happen here at this school.

On top of that, apparently now Radford University can suspend you even if you ARE PASSING.
However, they make "exceptions" to those they feel deserve to stay at this school, even if they are FAILING.

This university is so fucked up, it's crazy. They only see dollar signs and pick favorites.
if you come in with a high GPA, I pray you can make it even higher then that otherwise you may be looking for a new school to attend.

WHAT'S WORSE?
If they wrongfully suspend you, you do not get your refund for the following year, even though you aren't allowed to attend. The funny thing is they set it up to where you have to pay for the next year, and THEN you find out your grades.

This seems illegal, inhumane, and unethical. I pray most of you have a 4.0 and keep it that way, otherwise you may be subjected to LEAVE THE SCHOOL.

Radford boasts about their caring values and "honor code", yet they neglect to even follow their own beliefs that they try to push on new students. I am fearful for any newcomers that may be subjected to this type of behavior that this university displays.

I'd say don't waste your money here because that's exactly what will happen.

1st Year Female -- Class 1922
Let me tell you about Radford university.Bright
Let me tell you about Radford university... first off, they lie. Radford tells you when you come in that the staff will make sure to help you get good grades, you have accomodations all four years, and they tutor all their students.

Here's how that really works: you apply for accomodations, but your teachers decode if you need them (which is bullshit) that happened to me and that's why I failed. My teacher deemed I didn't need them.

Secondly, the kids are rude. I am from northern Virginia, but I don't walk around saying I'm from nova and I'm the best. That's what Radford kids do. Also, our sexual assault rate has gone up extremely. It got to the point where girls were getting sexually assaulted in the day time. Speaking of that, the staff don't always take that seriously which pissed me off. And people are fake here.

I once had a black guy follow me all the way back to my dorm so this is not a safe school. Oh and muse... That's where most of the rapes happen. My professors were so rude except for two, and they never responded to their students emails. They would claim they never got them when students complained in class.

And their tutoring program is a joke. They don't have tutors for all the subjects, they just say they do to get you to come there.

If you aren't in a frat, or aren't popular or smart, the teachers will NOT like you. It's the same as high school in that sense.

A lot of the girls here pretend to be religious when really they just want to have sex and do drugs.Also if your roommate does damage to your room and leaves before you, you most likely will be charged.o found that out the hard way when 6 grand showed up on my bill which I am refusing to pay. Radford also has new requirements that your GPA has to go up by five points every yeat, or you will fail. That's why I'm in summer school because now I have to have a 2.5 instead of a 2.0 Radford makes it easy for you to get in, but not easy for you to stay. Also not all their classes are small and the teachers don't care about your input. So, if you like black guys that rape girls and stalk people, or you love fights and drugs, this is the school for you. Oh if you're mentally ill or disabled, you WILL get made fun of.

1st Year Female -- Class 1921