StudentsReview ™ :: Radford University - Comments and Student Experiences

Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University -- Blacksburg, VA

Radford University

Let's cut it to

Oct 31 2013Other
Let's cut it to the chase: Obviously if you like this school, you won't be one of the ones who will rant about it on this site. Who has time to do that when they are doing their college career? I was one of those skeptical, judgmental, close-minded people when it came to Radford. Never in my dreams, have i ever thought I would be here today. Yes, it is a "party" school, but ALL colleges are a party school. Even liberty university. Don't be fooled by Jerry Falwell Jr. Pleaaase. Radford has something for everyone. I did not want to be associated with going to the party school, or see drunks walking around on campus. Granted yes you do every other night, but they are harmless. No one will associate you with that crowd, unless you submerse yourself in that crowd. No one cares wether you drink or not. Everyone here is accepting, and pretty chill. I thrive to stay away from the party scene by staying involved in the Christian Ministry on campus called Cru. There are about 150+ or so students with leaders who are always there to get you through. As well as bible studies, life groups, and always something to do on the weekends to veer from the party scene at Radford. Everyone finds their own niche here. It really is better than I thought to be honest. In the end, it is all about YOU and what YOU did with your education at Radford. Their have been many successful alumni here. Radford also offers things to do on the weekend on campus to help students not get caught up in drinking. People here won't pressure you, and it's not like people are having sex loud and clear right next to your room. We have nice dorms, apartment suites on campus, and newly renovated dorms. I like it. Take it from me. I hunted for every review before coming to this school..It is really not that bad, and i kind of like it here (: Just a little different review i offered compared to the others on here. BTW I think the food is GREAT! You probably could get the JR. Flex plan and be satisfied, and Jefferson/Madison are the nicest dorms. Make sure you don't randomly choose your roommate, and fill out the questionnaire. Radford is the cheapest school in the state, so you will get what you pay for, but at least it is a degree.
1st Year Female -- Class 2015
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Surrounding City: F

Radford is an interesting

Aug 21 2013Unknown
Radford is an interesting University, the students and faculty are probably the most friendliest people you will meet, but overall this school does not challenge us enough, for some reason this school is known as a party school, but in comparison to VT it's pretty innocent.
1st Year Male -- Class 2017
Education Quality: A, Useful Schoolwork: D

I don't even know where to begin with

May 28 2013Business - Management and Administration
I don't even know where to begin with Radford. At first glance, Radford is a beautiful school with an overall friendly student body. The class sizes are small enough to where most professors know your name. The school is constantly renovating its buildings and therefore, the resident halls are top-notch. The administration at Radford is trying very hard to improve Radford's reputation. The school has several great programs, with one of the most competitive ones being nursing. Radford's nursing program has surprisingly been ranked as the top nursing program in the state. Unfortunately, some of the other programs of study are just mediocre. At Radford, it really depends what you choose to study when it comes down to whether you receive a good education or not. Socially, Radford is a friendly school. Most of the students at Radford care a great deal about their social lives, and the overwhelming majority tends to party- maybe a little too much. As a freshmen, going out, drinking, and meeting new people may be fun, but with not much to do around town, that scene can become old and repetitive by the time sophomore year rolls around. As someone who likes to be well-rounded (get my work done, play sports, socialize) it is somewhat annoying that all ANYONE wants to do here is drink. I don't mean drinking to get tipsy or a little drunk... there are large amounts of students blacking out on wednesday nights and hungover on tuesdays. As a rising senior, I wish i could be around people who can keep me focused on important things for my career, not just on drugs and alcohol. Radford is still a fun school, but I'm realizing, do I only want to go to a school because it's fun? I'd rather not feel like the odd man out for not wanting to smoke weed and get drunk 4-5 days a week. As a senior, I'm doubting how well Radford has prepared me for the real world, but that is also tied to differences in programs offered. I do like parts of Radford, but I sometimes wish I went to a more normal school.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2014