StudentsReview :: Radford University - Comments and Student Experiences

James Madison University -- Harrisonburg, VA
Virginia Commonwealth University -- Richmond, VA
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University -- Blacksburg, VA

Radford University

Let me tell you about Radford university.Bright
Let me tell you about Radford university... first off, they lie. Radford tells you when you come in that the staff will make sure to help you get good grades, you have accomodations all four years, and they tutor all their students.

Here's how that really works: you apply for accomodations, but your teachers decode if you need them (which is bullshit) that happened to me and that's why I failed. My teacher deemed I didn't need them.

Secondly, the kids are rude. I am from northern Virginia, but I don't walk around saying I'm from nova and I'm the best. That's what Radford kids do. Also, our sexual assault rate has gone up extremely. It got to the point where girls were getting sexually assaulted in the day time. Speaking of that, the staff don't always take that seriously which pissed me off. And people are fake here.

I once had a black guy follow me all the way back to my dorm so this is not a safe school. Oh and muse... That's where most of the rapes happen. My professors were so rude except for two, and they never responded to their students emails. They would claim they never got them when students complained in class.

And their tutoring program is a joke. They don't have tutors for all the subjects, they just say they do to get you to come there.

If you aren't in a frat, or aren't popular or smart, the teachers will NOT like you. It's the same as high school in that sense.

A lot of the girls here pretend to be religious when really they just want to have sex and do drugs.Also if your roommate does damage to your room and leaves before you, you most likely will be charged.o found that out the hard way when 6 grand showed up on my bill which I am refusing to pay. Radford also has new requirements that your GPA has to go up by five points every yeat, or you will fail. That's why I'm in summer school because now I have to have a 2.5 instead of a 2.0 Radford makes it easy for you to get in, but not easy for you to stay. Also not all their classes are small and the teachers don't care about your input. So, if you like black guys that rape girls and stalk people, or you love fights and drugs, this is the school for you. Oh if you're mentally ill or disabled, you WILL get made fun of.

1st Year Female -- Class 1921
Campus Maintenance: A+, Education Quality: F
This is more a warning for Veterans decidingNot so brightPsychology
This is more a warning for Veterans deciding to go use his/her VA Benefits....DO NOT come to Radford and give them your hard earned benefits like I did. During my junior year I had a death in the family and took permanent leave within the first few weeks of classes to move back to SC. They completed my paperwork and all seemed fine until a few years went by and I have a letter for the OAG office taking me to court for owing $ to this college. When presented with my case it turned out the school processed my paperwork with the VA (which resulted in me retaining the remained of my benefits) but they did NOT process my paperwork within the school resulting in a full semester of payments. They let it stay low key without notifying any of my on record addresses until which time they could file a debt collection within the state.

Long story short, I have taken this to the BBB, Department of Veterans Affairs and I sent out a massive email through global(still having connections with CAC cards) in an attempt to warn as many veterans as I can of this school. For the record I LOVED attending this school....but it was all tainted by a level of dishonesty I have not seen in my lifetime.

1st Year Male -- Class 1920
Education Quality: C, Individual Value: F
Three words- Radford.Not so brightPolitical Science
Three words- Radford. Is. Trash.This place is the saddest excuse for a higher education institute I have ever seen. About 95% of the students are either drunk or high. The staff is completely rude and useless. Although the curriculum is not the least bit challenging, most students still choose not to show up to class. Don't bother coming to Radford. It will be the biggest mistake of your life.
1st Year Female -- Class 2019