StudentsReview :: The University of Virginia - Graduate (MS/PhD) Ratings

Females 4
Males 2
Avg years at University 3.0
Research Quality B (7.2)
Research Availability C+ (5.7)
Research Funding C+ (5.0)
Graduate Politics B (7.3)
Errand Runners C (4.8)
Degree Completion C (4.8)
Alternative pay [ta/gsi] B (7.0)
Sufficient Pay B- (5.9)
Competitiveness B- (5.8)
Education Quality B (6.7)
Faculty Accessibility B (6.6)
Useful Research B- (6.1)
"Individual" treatment C (4.3)
Friendliness C+ (5.4)
Safety B- (5.9)
Campus Beauty B (6.9)
Campus Maintenance C+ (5.5)
University Resource/spending C (4.7)
Extracurriculars C (4.5)
Success-Understanding C+ (5.1)
Surrounding City C (4.8)
Social Life/Environment B- (6.0)
"Individual" treatmentC
Graduate PoliticsB

The Curry School provided

May 23 2010Education
The Curry School provided me with full funding during my time at the University of Virginia. Professors were helpful and inspiring. There is not a lot of hand holding, but the program is very successful in preparing you for the world of higher ed.

This survey process has been helpful for me

Jan 27 2009Nursing
This survey process has been helpful for me to consider the past few years of study/work and reflect on my progress. One of my interesting cognate courses is Survey Research Methods and this internet survey method is a fine example of gathering data on topics of interest.I have enjoyed every course I have taken at UVA. My masters degree was primarily online and in Health Systems Management.
Research Topic(s): Massage effects for stress reduction in women at risk of breast & ovar
Nov 22 2006Accounting

I hated everything about this school.

I've only been in my program for one

Dec 13 2002Education
I've only been in my program for one semester, but on the whole, I've been satisfied so far with UVa's Curry School of Education. I've also attended graduate school in education at another large and well-regarded state university, so I have a basis for comparison. I think the courses in my program at UVa are a little less structured, in that the instructors don't necessarily address everything in lectures that you will need to know on exams, but they do guide you toward learning on your own, usually through external reading or library research, or through working on projects with fellow students. You must be capable of self-direction or you will find this lack of structure frustrating. Still, I'll be proud to complete my Ph.D. here and feel that it will benefit me in my career.

Let me begin by saying that I think the UVA Microbiology D

Aug 23 2000Biology
Let me begin by saying that I think the UVA Microbiology Department is wonderful. The faculty are supportive and everyone is very friendly. That being said, when looking for a grad school, make NO decisions until you have visited the department. No matter where you go, you will most likely find something to interest you. Look at the quality of school. Find a few you like, visit, then choose the one where you feel the most comfortable. You are commiting quite a few years of your life to grad school. Make sure it is in an environment where you feel comfortbale. Good luck!!