StudentsReview :: Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University - Comments and Student Experiences

University of Virginia -- Charlottesville, VA
James Madison University -- Harrisonburg, VA

Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University

Perfect mix of education with a great party

Oct 07 2002Civil Engineering
Perfect mix of education with a great party environment. Blacksburg is not a large place at all, so don't go there expecting it to be. But it is absolutely great place to be in the summer. Football season is incredible. Nothing like packing 60-70,000 drunk college students in one place (Go Hokies!). And be prepared to answer the question "what the fuck is a Hokie?" about a million times.
Apr 02 2002Chemical Engineering

I recommend that college students stay in school as long as possible; working sucks

Starting Job: Engineer in Training Preparedness: - Reputation: -

I graduated in three years from Tech (because

Nov 26 2002Other
I graduated in three years from Tech (because I could and because of a lack of money for tuition - I was out-of-state), in many respects, I wish I could have stayed longer. Even though I only graduated a few years ago, I get more and more nostalgic. The place grows on you and it's funny talking to my non-Tech friends, none of them care as much about their school, so it's definitely a unique experience.
Starting Job: Bookseller, Barnes & Noble Preparedness: - Reputation: -