| Sort By:
| Virginia Tech has truly been the best experience of my entire life. Not only is the student body one big community, the educational programs awesome, and the surrounding town simply amazing, but you truly do feel like you are a part of something. |
|Jul 14 2010|| 1st Year Male --
Class 2013 |
| I am from out of state and came to Tech knowing no one! Coming to Tech has been the best decision of my life! Many of the negative comment say it is because of the people. Every school has a mixture of people particularly Tech. There is someone for everyone at this school.|
- If you like sports (if you don't you will by the end of freshman year)this is the school for you. We literally bleed maroon and orange. I doubt there is a single person on this campus that doesn't own a Tech shirt!
- There is every club you can possibly imagine. We even have a skydiving club! If you can't find the one you want you can start very easily with 6 people!
- Yeah the town has no shopping and downtown is small, but we have several great restaurants Christiansburg is only 5 minutes away for the bigger stores and chain restaurants. As tiny as it is it grows on you!
- Parking- it sucks. They are building a parking garage which is going to make things soooo much better! Until then you stalk people in parking lots for their spots, but freshmen at least you can have a car!
- Faculty- There is such a mix. The general core classes professors aren't very good, but as you move into your major classes they are awesome! No you wont get one on one attention in lecture. All you have to do is go to their office hours. You would be surprised how much that could effect that last point to get you a plus instead of a minus in that class.
- Safety- I have never once felt unsafe. What happened here could have happened everywhere. We are probably one of the most safe schools because of the precautions the school has taken.
- Food- the food is awesome!!!!!! Come eat at West End once and you will never want to leave!I love VT and the Hokies!
|Mar 21 2010|| 2nd Year Female --
Class 2012 |
I love it here. Best Academics and athletics in the state. I don't care what UVA students say, here you learn to be a good citizen, a good student and a all around good person, not a stuck up snob where every other university is inferior. Hokies are down to earth and party hard, play hard, and work hard. This school isn't for everyone, and there are definately great schools outside of Tech as a UVA student wouldn't admit. This is not a fall back school as I know plenty of UVA students who applied especially for our engineering and architecture programs and were denied. He's a run down...i hate rankings as they do not touch how good a school is, but anyway...|
78th-National University (out of the thousands of colleges in the nation. This puts us in the top 5%)
34th Best Public School
Top 20 Best Value
Top 5 Architecture Program
Top 10 Engineering program (many are in the top 5)
Top 10 Agriculture Program
Top 40 Business School
Top 100 Liberal Arts program (ok ill admit, if you wanna majors our majors like English arent much to brag about, VERY good psychology program though)
Top 30 Sciences(Chemistry, Physics, etc)/Math Program
Top 50 Research University
Top 10 Best food
Top 10 football team
soon to be Top 25 Basketball team ;)
|Apr 16 2006|| 1st Year Female --
Class 2009 |