Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University - Comments and Student Experiences|
- If you like sports (if you don't you will by the end of freshman year)this is the school for you. We literally bleed maroon and orange. I doubt there is a single person on this campus that doesn't own a Tech shirt!
- There is every club you can possibly imagine. We even have a skydiving club! If you can't find the one you want you can start very easily with 6 people!
- Yeah the town has no shopping and downtown is small, but we have several great restaurants Christiansburg is only 5 minutes away for the bigger stores and chain restaurants. As tiny as it is it grows on you!
- Parking- it sucks. They are building a parking garage which is going to make things soooo much better! Until then you stalk people in parking lots for their spots, but freshmen at least you can have a car!
- Faculty- There is such a mix. The general core classes professors aren't very good, but as you move into your major classes they are awesome! No you wont get one on one attention in lecture. All you have to do is go to their office hours. You would be surprised how much that could effect that last point to get you a plus instead of a minus in that class.
- Safety- I have never once felt unsafe. What happened here could have happened everywhere. We are probably one of the most safe schools because of the precautions the school has taken.
- Food- the food is awesome!!!!!! Come eat at West End once and you will never want to leave!I love VT and the Hokies!