StudentsReview :: Washington and Lee University - Comments and Student Experiences

Washington and Lee University

To me Washington and Lee is the perfect

Jun 18 2014PreMed and Medical
To me Washington and Lee is the perfect balance between challenging, constructive academic learning and fun parties/girls. Everyone has a work hard mentality on campus during the day, but everyone is friendly and only competitive in a positive way. At night however, after the work is done for the day, the town lights up like you would never imagine. No one I know would dream of going to another university, and I know that this is the best place for me.
1st Year Male -- Class 2017
Education Quality: A+, Surrounding City: B

I LOVE W&L!!!

Sep 11 2012Undecided
I LOVE W&L!!!
As an international student, I don't feel isolated or adrift because most people here are really friendly and approachable, from students to professors to staffs. This is my first time abroad, so friendliness is really important to me. And the school is so much more caring than I've expected! There is not only one but three orientations: international orientation (which is for international students like me), pre-orientation (one week of bonding and making friends who might become your BFFs), and orientation. These orientations help me become ready for college more than ever!I have just begun my study for a few days, so I have nothing much to say about the academics. Yet I love my econ class soooooo much! Prof. Peter is soooo great!!!
1st Year Female -- Class 2016
Scholastic Success: A+, Surrounding City: D

If you come into W&L with preconceived notions

Dec 11 2011Psychology
If you come into W&L with preconceived notions about the other students and stick to them then you are not going to have a very good time here. You have to come into the school with an open mind and people will surprise you.

Yes the school has a large greek life. But it's not the typical frat and sorority dynamics that you would expect and if you truly do not want to go greek then you don't have to. Even if you don't you won't be excluded and isolated at all. Most of the parties (except for mixers between houses) are open to the rest of campus.

The professors and classes are really and truly amazing. You get the same top notch education you would get at any ivy league school but the classes are smaller and every one of your professors will know you.I absolutely love this school and while it's not perfect it's pretty close.

1st Year Female -- Class 2014