StudentsReview :: Washington and Lee University - Comments and Student Experiences

Washington and Lee University

To me Washington and Lee is the perfect

Jun 18 2014PreMed and Medical
To me Washington and Lee is the perfect balance between challenging, constructive academic learning and fun parties/girls. Everyone has a work hard mentality on campus during the day, but everyone is friendly and only competitive in a positive way. At night however, after the work is done for the day, the town lights up like you would never imagine. No one I know would dream of going to another university, and I know that this is the best place for me.
1st Year Male -- Class 2017
Education Quality: A+, Surrounding City: B

This place is unexpectedly amazing

Nov 01 2014Undecided
This place is unexpectedly amazing. The people are what really make it the best university. Just walking down the street there are friendly smiles and random hellos that really make you feel at home. The night life here is absolutely awesome. Whether you are one to go out every night, or one to never go out, there is always something for you to do. Boredom is not a thing here, but hustle bustle is also not a thing. You are leisurely busy. However, before committing to this school, make sure you are prepared for extremely difficult classes, but if you are willing to put in the time it is worth while.
1st Year Female -- Class 2018
Useful Schoolwork: A+, Surrounding City: C+

I LOVE W&L!!!

Sep 11 2012Undecided
I LOVE W&L!!!
As an international student, I don't feel isolated or adrift because most people here are really friendly and approachable, from students to professors to staffs. This is my first time abroad, so friendliness is really important to me. And the school is so much more caring than I've expected! There is not only one but three orientations: international orientation (which is for international students like me), pre-orientation (one week of bonding and making friends who might become your BFFs), and orientation. These orientations help me become ready for college more than ever!I have just begun my study for a few days, so I have nothing much to say about the academics. Yet I love my econ class soooooo much! Prof. Peter is soooo great!!!
1st Year Female -- Class 2016