StudentsReview :: Champlain College - Graduate (MS/PhD) Ratings

Total Grad Surveys 2
Females 2
Males 0
Avg years at University 1.0
Research Quality D+ (3.5)
Research Availability D- (1.2)
Research Funding
Graduate Politics F (0.8)
Not Errand Runners C- (3.9)
Degree Completion B- (6.2)
Alternative pay [ta/gsi] F (0.8)
Sufficient Pay F (0.8)
Competitiveness C- (4.2)
Education Quality D- (1.2)
Faculty Accessibility A- (8.5)
Useful Research D+ (3.1)
"Individual" treatment D (1.9)
Friendliness C- (4.2)
Safety A (9.2)
Campus Beauty A (9.6)
Campus Maintenance B+ (7.7)
University Spending D+ (3.1)
Extracurriculars B (6.9)
Scholastic Success D (1.9)
Surrounding City A (9.6)
Social Life/ Environment B (6.9)
Graduate PoliticsF
Surrounding CityA
Champlain the online grad college where everyone get'sApr 19 2017Unknown
Champlain the online grad college where everyone get's an A. Pick a different school. So disappointed after attending online and on campus for years off and on I finally walked away and transferred to a state college for my MBA. They A's are not earned just handed out like candy with this mentality that everyone deserves a prize. They don't they really don't when you study and do the work and its correct you get an A. When you do nothing at all and work in team environments constantly complaining and whining why would you get an A? Horrible experience. Teams were picked at random in the beginning of each class. Okay these are grad classes I would expect that by this point students have the basics down like how to use Office Suite, how to access the online courses and team collaboration sections built into the online canvas (no joke one guy couldn't). And when I tried to teach him simple things like how to point and click he complained to the instructor that I was condescending and rude. Oh yeh and the instructor gave him and A ahahaha. In team projects it ends up being one person pulling the weight while dopey students do nothing. And so long as their check clears they get their A because they paid for it. Do not go if you believe in Academic integrity, and are a hard working student. They will expect you to pull the lessor able students along even when your sinking trying to get your own work done. And when I complained to advising the response was, whats the matter its just like the real world? What real world are you living in? I don't encounter being raped on tuition costs and treated like an answer giver anywhere but here. If by real world you mean let us enlighten you on the Champlain way where we charge you and give you an A man the only thing I can think is I feel ashamed I didn't leave sooner. Oh yeh and do your research on transfer credit. If you attend Champlain and then want to transfer that's a big ole' no go. Nobody takes barnacle bucks from sponge bob square paints and nobody takes Champlain College Course Credit. Once your in your TRAPPED! I got out before that happened, found a nice little state college my story ends well. Let this be a warning to future online students.
The attitudes of the professors are condescending, arrogantMar 16 2015Other
The attitudes of the professors are condescending, arrogant and laced with racism, though subtle. They are not open and receptive to ideas/suggestions for improvement. Instead, students who have a voice and speak up about injustices will become blackballed. Initially, I really enjoyed the school. However, I now regret that I ever enrolled there due to the subtle racism that I have experienced. Although my grades are really good, I have decided that this will probably be my last semester at Champlain. I refuse to spend the type of money that I am spending and receive the type of treatment that I have been receiving from some members of Champlain College's staff. This college is not a place for minorities, especially those planning on enrolling in the MSL program.
It is a very expensive and very uselessApr 29 2014Other
It is a very expensive and very useless program. Despite being in its infancy - less that three graduating classes deep - the leadership refuses to accept feedback and spends all its time and energy which could be used developing and growing the program to what students thought they were signing up for, into rejecting and whitewashing concerns as not important. Two of the four enrolled women dropped out, and despite asking repeatedly if they couldn't consider holding more classes at times that would allow working students to attend, they simply don't seem to think it's worth it to them to consider restructuring. Furthermore, despite requiring no portfolio to apply, there is a presumed basis in art fundamentals, and if you don't have them the first two semesters mean you're making things you don't have a purpose or meaning behind. It's just bizarre how ill-thought-out the program seems to be. Despite constantly teaching us that there is no way to learn now what may be the trend in the future, they claim to have built the philosophy/theory-heavy curriculum in a 'future-proof' way. Despite that, the requisite classes focus an unhealthy amount on areas that are very 'now' like game development and interactive design. But with zero technical backing. A baffling program. Well worth talking to actual graduates from it before spending a dime.
Compare ChamplainSave Champlain