StudentsReview :: Green River Community College - Comments and Student Experiences

Green River Community College

I'm a court reporting student, and I absolutelyQuite BrightOther
I'm a court reporting student, and I absolutely love the court reporting program. My only issue is the financial aid office. They lose papers, they're horrible with communication of any sort. Don't expect a phone call or an email back, because you won't get one. If they make an error, that's just something you have to live with because they don't care. I know a number of students who have left because they didn't want to have to deal with financial aid any further. They're supposed to be strong in customer service, but they fail on almost every level.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2016
Education Quality: A+, Individual Value: F
Horrible, unorganized, non-communicative school.Quite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
Horrible, unorganized, non-communicative school. Very, Very disappointed. I was told one thing from the financial aid staff and they did another. They lose paperwork after they say they received it.
1st Year Female -- Class 2014
Extracurricular Activities: B, Faculty Accessibility: F
From my experiences I came out of highQuite BrightUndecided
From my experiences I came out of high school looking for an AA degree. At this college there is no "lets" when it comes to assignments and group work only "why".

The teachers are liberally indoctrinated sycophants who teach an unconstitutional form of history saying the founding fathers were terrorists and our country was created by immigrants that conducted a genocide on the Native people. Abandoning the idea that our foundation and constitution were exceptional and based upon Switzerland's after the Spanish-Dutch revolution (which is not taught) Ignoring the fact the Americas were colonized by Britain, France, Spain and Portugal.

Ignoring all forms of history and emphasizing white people used to think the earth was flat and Christopher Columbus discovered America. While in reality we were taught about Vespucci and astronomy.

They teach pseudo terminology such as "racial aesthetic", "white privilege" and "logical fallacy".
At this school there are Student Unions based solely on ethnic heritage. A European, Asian and African student union all exist but do not meet common ground because they are divided by culture. I proposed the idea of "An American Student Union" considering all students are in America and might as well use their freedom.

The teachers I encountered dressed professionally and read directly from text books but juggled multiple classes at the same time or were teaching at separate campuses.

At community college white students are the minority but are told to address their racial privilege to the majority of students who are foreign. The students are violent themselves due to smoking being recently banned on campus. African American students typically stick together and refer to each other using the N word while white students are told to not inbreed and repent for being Christian. Students actually from Africa are in a state of remorse due to this.

Even though I didn't think the Bush administration was constitutional having a dislike for Obama cannot be voiced without being a racist here. Even when quoting article 1 section 6 of the constitution which states congress can't immune from their own laws. *such as owning guns or personal body guards*

In reality these events occurred before recent attempts to ban the 2nd amendment. A mere attempt to try to divide and conquer institutions throughout America. The only historical information I was taught that I agree with is the following: The first school shooting that occurred in America was Kent State and the government murdered the hippie protesters.

I might as well have been converted to Islam from this school I was told from a teacher here "Jesus was really black and white people are the violent group of people". In addition I was forced to read "Black Muslims in America" by Eric Lincoln only to get no credit in doing so for a group assignment on Islam. In this text book found in the school's library I quote.

"White people were on all fours in caves with dogs while black people throughout Africa and Asia were wearing fine silk robs plotting the stars" If you enjoy being called a blue eyed devil, cracker, boy and worshiping the federal government and current commander in chief (*after all this used to be a military boarding school*) then Green River is the place for you.

2nd Year Male -- Class 2017
Campus Aesthetics: A, Education Quality: F

Jacksonville State University (AL) 1:positive

California Lutheran University (CA) 1:advice

Kansas City Art Institute (MO)

Iona College (NY) 1:negative

Compare GRCCSave GRCC

According to NPR, the cost of college tuition an... more→